Yoyo hostage situation//giveaway. Need input. (Might be controversial)

most valuable thing broke on purpose to get this throw

That’s not a bad idea.

Who will go the furthest into annoying their parents for this yoyo? lolol… jk not a good idea, but seriously it is, but it isn’t

man annoying random strangers bro. Or whoever will embarrass themselves the worst in a lrge crowded area

I hate to be THAT guy, but what if you donated the yoyo to someone that needs it, instead of destroying a product that a company put hard work into making so it could be played. Maybe then, I would compete.

Yeah, don’t destroy it. I agree.

That would be a real waste.

umm lets see someone would lie and say they need a yoyo how about we just have fun with a competion

its his yoyo he can do as he chooses

Or it could be someone who really needs it, as in someone who isn’t on the forum. Maybe he knows a kid who really wants to yoyo, but he doesn’t have one. I think it would be more fun to watch a child be happy with a new toy than someone mindlessly destroy our favorite toy. I mean, come on? Do you really find things mindlessly being destroyed like that entertaining?

destruction is a form of creation

1 Like

How about this?

Best reaction to yo-yoing contest?

I feel like this would be cool.

The challenge is to go in public and start yo-yoing like crazy. Hardcore crazy.

The person that gets the best reactions from random people wins.

:smiley:

2 Likes

This. This is the best.

dont give a beginner a high end metal

but it sounds very skill based so ehhhhh…

Yoyo impersonation contest. One shot only. Three minutes max. Contestants must imitate famous (a) yoyoer(s). If you are satisfied with the best copycat and can clearly tell who they impersonate, then give them the yoyo. If their imitation skills are not up to par, blend it. Contestants will be judged on skill, creativity (if they put a twist on it/make the trick their own), execution, cleanliness, overall performance, music use, and how well they can impersonate various yoyoers and their styles.

Imitation Movement

requires so much skills

A. That would bar people from entering the contest.

1. They would then be upset, “Why didn’t I get the chance to win the $100 yoyo?”
  2. It would peeve me off if someone said “You can’t join this contest”
  3. Barring people is not fair

B. I’ve given away yoyo’s, in hopes that they would go to someone who needed it.

1. They’ve ended up on the BST.
  2. How does one tell if someone actually needs it?
    2a. Do I say “Hey, do you actually need this yoyo?”
    2b. Review every single entry and review every contestant? Too much work.

C. I’m going to be buying this yoyo off the BST, so someone who cannot sell their yoyo, will get Money

1. This is not a complete waste. It could sit in my case or someone elses case for the rest of eternity.
  2. I think you all underestimate how many yoyo’s you guys waste by owning so many.
    2a. Please don’t make me say “If you’re so worried about the needy, why don’t you give away your yoyo’s? Like I am doing?”
    2b. Which is more generous… Offering a contest for a potential winner, or just not holding a contest at all
  3. I AM SPENDING MONEY TO PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE TO WIN A VERY NICE YOYO

D. I am providing the opportunity for ANYBODY to win a nice yoyo.

1. I don’t have to… if people really don’t want me to provide them these opportunities
  2. Who else is going to give away a very nice yoyo?

E. The sense of a high end yoyo being blended is a big push to get lots of people to want to win it

1. It generates publicity
    1a. more people for the contest
    1b. more entertaining of a contest
  2. High end yoyo’s will make more people interested.

F. Already gotten interest from some really competitive players such as Eric Tranton etc, so I’m focusing more on ANYBODY can win, but still “not guaranteed” to win…

1. Why don’t you tell these Pro’s that they don’t need to enter a give-away, they already have enough yoyos? That’s more messed up to me than the whole prospect of this give-away (entering a give-away despite not at all needed another yoyo is what’s messed up to me)
    1a. Please don’t do that, I want everyone to join :slight_smile:

G. I do intend for there to be a winner.

1. This is why I am asking YOU GUYS to help me figure out a contest.
    1a. Don’t neglect, or waste this time, giving me crap about wanting to make a contest when you’re given the opportunity to help shape this contest in a way that someone can win.

H. This will be the best contest evar.

1 Like

Yes. Gotta have what it takes. Go big.

This is so brilliant lol

There was a kid at the last DXL contest that could imitate any yoyoer, it was so hilarious because it was so freaking spot on. Let’s just hope he doesn’t see this or we’d all be screwed.

I like the idea though, I’d give it a shot. Best one so far.

this this is the single most beautiful entry on the yye forum i have ever read bravo