YoYo Club Grant Program

I’ll send you a PM! We are going to have the application up soon - but we do have a club kit and we have been sending a few out to test things out first. :blush:

7 Likes

:heart:
This is just so cool.
I’ve put the idea of doing a club/program for kids on the backburner for now (too many things going on in my career & personal life atm)…but what an amazing thing you’re providing for people here!
Shout out to you, @codinghorror and everyone else involved in this. Thank you guys for being awesome!!

4 Likes

I started a club in grad school fir a bit…3 people came as regulars… i even recommended everyone get a DM YYJ! I had no idea 25 years later i would want to do this again. I will check back soon. I do love in NYC so there is probably a few clubs st up already.
Iis there a donation site other then buying more ti vaders?

4 Likes

That’s a great idea! @AndreBoulay have you thought about accepting donations for this program?

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah - we are getting bulk yoyos in soon to go with the program - we have some nice branding for it too - and then we will launch and I am thinking option to donate could be something we do annually!

It’s really exciting for sure! :blush:

7 Likes

Here’s club payment #3 that goes in the mail to yoyoexpert tomorrow!

21 Likes

How do I get this

3 Likes

You can fill out this form - we are finally getting ready to launch this program soon! :blush:

https://yoyoclub.org/grant-application/

11 Likes

Is this something a small club that tries to meet monthly can do at least for discount starter yo-yos. We often get new throwers showing up and have been thinking of collecting some old throws to give away to the folks that show up without a yoyo or kids who join when we meet at the park. Having access to a cheap source might be a better path.

4 Likes

Yes! Exactly the idea! :blush:

4 Likes

Also are you still accepting donations for the program and if so where?

5 Likes

Yeah - we will be setting that up too but want a more formal process in place! Thanks for asking!

5 Likes

I see on the website you have a tab entitled, “Program overview.” Is this going to be a guide on how club scheduling/programming should be handled?

I see a need for something like this where I’m from but have no clue how to organize something efficiently.

3 Likes

Thank you for this!

If anyone is interested i actually have been searching for a venue for a while. I recently went to ask my local library and they where very open to the idea, they do not charge me anything, offer free advertising and they have very high ceilings! We are currently working out the details. Hopefully I’ll have a start date soon.
If you are looking for a space for a club check out the library.

12 Likes

I will be applying for this as I’ve been meeting with a handful of of 4th and 5th graders on a very erratic schedule. Some structure will definitely drive more interest.

So happy to see this finally coming together!

Thank you @AndreBoulay …. So much!

9 Likes

Yep! A lot of the approach is definitely in offering guidance in giving confidence and advice on best ways to start a club, teach, and present it, etc. It’s going to be a continued work in progress too as we build up the program over time but we have a lot of good experience already. :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks André. What is the process once someone applies for the program? Thanks.

2 Likes

@Captrogers

1 Like

@AndreBoulay are there any printable materials for clubs like resource guides (places to buy, join, learn) first x# trick lists. Beginner guides or links for such things?

I figure materials in some form exist but it would be nice to have something I could print on paper stock and hand out when folks walk up curious about YoYo.

I know some of that is available through the program but was curious if there’s anything in a printable format?

Also the site linked above seems unfinished is this launched or still under construction?

Final question if still under construction do you need/want volunteers or “contractors” to help with any of this? (contractor in Quotes as all you need is consideration for a contract which could be anything a cheap yoyo or donation in the name of x person or whatever to be valid)

3 Likes

It’s been a few months and still would love more resources or at least guidance on the most economic way to get a dozen cheap beginner yo-yos.

I’ve had a few people reach out directly asking about how they could start their own club as they aren’t close enough to travel to Arlington where DMVT meets monthly.

My club has expanded to being a library program at the Arlington central library and a scout group has reached out asking for resources and guidance and I figure this is a good time to bump this topic and also offer assistance again. I would love to be able to direct folks to a single site for questions like this and also get support for my club in the process.

5 Likes