YoYo Club Grant Program

Very well said.

1 Like

this is true I canā€™t even teach a beginner

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good point - Iā€™ll make sure I include that with the materials!

2 Likes

OK hereā€™s club payment #2 that goes in the mail to yoyoexpert today!

22 Likes

This is so cool.

2 Likes

I was going to start a yoyo club at my school, and I didnt know about this until about 30 minutes ago. Luckily, I got a teacher to host the club today! Iā€™m excited to get the club started

10 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™ll send you a DM and can talk about helping you out - we are getting close to launching the full on ā€˜application processā€™ - but for now I can get you started with some good structure and supplies for that part!

10 Likes

I actually emailed you earlier last week about it. (if you didnt already know) I posted here because I didnt know this existed and I found out on the day that the club can officially start. Thanks!

8 Likes

Good luck! Running a club can be a bit of work, but really rewarding!

6 Likes

Oh - excellent!

5 Likes

Count me in! Fantastic ideas tossed back & forth hereā€¦

3 Likes

Welpā€¦
20191009_153222

1 Like

Maybe I can help better explain the ā€˜instructionā€™ component and that they should not need to worry. Age recommendations also helpā€¦ they are right in that if its 4 or 5 year olds showing up they turn into weapons. :laughing:

This is good real life example of what we have to break through! :wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™m attempting a rebuttal with a little clarification. Meanwhile my cohort is reaching out to a community center (which hosts gymnastics, obviously more dangerous) and our childrenā€™s museum.

3 Likes

You guys are awesome. :100:

2 Likes

Lol weā€™re trying!

1 Like

Iā€™m genuinely surprised. I work at a library and the only thing stopping us from having a yo-yo program is my lack of belief in consistent turn out. Weā€™re just too rural to attract a large group for a long time.

Definitely no concerns about injury. Itā€™s also super easy to make a form that prevents the library from liability by informing parents of the risk and having them sign.

1 Like

My guess is someone got hurt at something sometime in the past, and now theyā€™re scared. Itā€™s the downtown branch though and they hold all sorts of events that have more potential hazards than a wild yoyo. Also lots of stairs up in that piece. Like a kidā€™s gotta hurt themselves on those at least once a week.

2 Likes

I was able to run a single day yoing event for kids many years ago at my local library with no resistance from them at all.
I hope things work out for you @adamantiumpimpā€¦I think itā€™ll be a lot of work, but also really rewarding!

Alsoā€¦

Thatā€™s awesome man! Iā€™m wishing the best for you! I hope you can come back and share some of the experiences you have with us!

1 Like

How do I get in on this I am hosting our first yoyo meet at a local hobby town store in hickory,nc I worlds love to have something like this to get it started and we are planning on monthly meets and demonstrations @AndreBoulay
@codinghorror

Lmk if the sign up sheets are out or what I need to do thanks in advance guys!!

2 Likes