Yoyo Boomers Club

I like the idea of having the weight rings as an add-on, if people choose to get them. Either that, or buy them in bulk and offer them for purchase separately.

3 Likes

I’d say make it an add on. I like buying additional gadgets :skull::peach:

3 Likes

The logistics is probably the difficult part.

Is the juice worth the squeeze and investment to “Stock” different size rings? My initial gorilla math for a 5 Ring size set for 50 Yoyos (Half the Club) =$900.00

The heavy Rings are readily available for $2.99.

5 Likes

Might be best to let people buy them on their own, then.

1 Like

I think it might be better to choose 1 size to include with them if any at all.

3 Likes

I would only do 2 to 3 sizes a small medium and large and the large and small could be added together for an xl feel

Honestly, if this (link) was added to the sales page, I’d be okay with that. I feel like this is as close as an “add-on” we can get without giving Jake extra logistics headache.

3 Likes

This is a great idea.

We could handle a good bit of the logistics on our end but yeah if the largest is what most would buy then that link would be good enough

Also I’m fine with supporting TK

Hey so what are the dimensions of the weight rings anyway? @Pun1sh3R

The Orings are 50mm in OUTSIDE Diameter.

Inner Diameter changes as the material gets thicker.

1 Like

I would do a standard pack in of a single desirable pair and increase the cost of the throw $5. The rings are literally a design element of the yo-yo and I think it would be good to present a consistent experience. I think people who want to go deep on the ring thing will acquire rings.

Also, I presume we do better on economies of scale at the size of the whole run vs. a maybe 50% participation rate (I’m sure it will be lower).

2 Likes

With this in mind, What increment of weight should we offer?

The Workhorse comes in at just under 54 grams.

3mm Rings = 2 grams - about $1.21/pair
3.5mm Rings = 3 Grams - about $1.63/pair
4.5mm Rings = 5 Grams - about $2.16/pair
5mm Rings = 8 Grams - about $1.38/pair
6mm Rings = 10 Grams (TK Rings $2.99)- about $6.48/pair

These are “my” cost to purchase the Orings, does not include shipping or other logistics cost to get them packaged and too G2.

Would be cool to do a Baggie or Envelope with a logo on them.

1 Like

Knowing this packing it with a 5mm and a 3.5mm pair of rings would make most sense if we go that route

If someone wants tk rings they can buy them from tk

1 Like

I think the 3.5 get it to the weight of the v1?

Just enough to give anyone who buys the throw a taste of the power of the rings :grin:

1 Like

There is only about .5 grams difference between the v.1 and v.2 if I recall. I don’t think a 1mm Oring is worth the hassle.

It’s interesting how two yoyos weighing nearly the same, the same shape, play differently based on the weight distribution. The nerd in me really digs this kind of stuff.

2 Likes

That much is fair. Why don’t we just do a pair of 3mm then?

1 Like

A pair of 3mm provided and if you want buy the 6mm from tk for more weight seems fair.

2 Likes

Regarding weight rings or any other accessories offered with Workhorse V2: My two cents, only offer accessories which are proven to support intended style of play.

Further stated without any purple prose - “Ask Why?”

1 Like

I just figured that if I wanted the weight rings from V.1 coujld be used in the final product? I guess if one doesn’t have a V.1 , then that is no solution. Why not just offer the pack of three weight rings as an accessory at an additional cost?

1 Like