Yoyo Boomers Club

Ah yes. How could I have not referenced this highly regarded academic work??

4 Likes

My fellow Boomers like maple but I wouldn’t shy away from something exotic or colorful as long as it’s not too heavy.

What’s the weight on these in the OG dimensions?

1 Like

Original Spec Golden Wattle please.

We will call the Mostly Dead 'Orse prototype 2. Only 5 made.

2 Likes

Can we call the og spec Artax. @Glenacius_K

Totally in for the OG specs on some Golden Wattle! THE Australian wood AND it’s harder than white oak? I’m down. I love checking out woods we don’t often get to see here state side.

1 Like

The rims on the v2 seem a lot closer to this one (v0?)
It’s around 3mm deep, and I can still pull start and fingerspin on it.
V2 seems to have a slightly narrower profile though, which I prefer. This one’s 35mm wide.

6 Likes

Well I thought I did it right at the 33mm mark, but the boys around here like 'em beefy.

4 Likes

It might be primarily due to the deeper rims, which do seem nice.

2 Likes

I guess I like my Wood yoyos like @MattC likes his string and women; Thick.

6 Likes

And his pugs!

1 Like

What about a Spectra swap??

No can do, muchacho.

1 Like

Thank you, Brandon and everyone from YYBC! Your support definitely helped me a lot!

8 Likes

Is there a place we are specifically talking about the V2 Workhorse or is it just here in the club thread? I can say in short… I don’t feel like it needs anything else. These few small changes that were made were substantial in their impact. It feels very refined now.

6 Likes

Post it here Sir!

Amazing how much of a difference the small tweaks made!

2 Likes

It is amazing how so little can make such a change. Of course I tried a 4mm bearing in it and that works great. I didn’t trim the post any. It still won’t play with a dry bearing but a 4mm lubed bearing removes all semi responsive nature and gives nearly instant response, but still does Brain twister and Matrix with no snagging. It’s possible that trimming the posts a hair “might” squeeze together a little tighter for using a dry bearing but honestly it plays incredibly with a lubed 4mm as is, and it plays great with a 5mm lubed bearing as well.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to throw mine until 1 July was over. I find it very comfortable in the hand. It seems easy to correct user errors with it. It seems well balanced between floaty and weighty. I like it better than the Rain City Skills Gamer, of which I had two new to me ones to throw when 1 July ended. I say this not because of any loyalty to Jake. I really do love the way it feels and responds to me, at least.

4 Likes

Which lube did you use in the 4mm?

I tend to start with lite lube on my 4mm.

I have been testing Tough Glide, Dry Lube. Goes in and when wet is unresponsive. But after it dries, there is some nice response.

2 Likes

I had bought a 10 pack of bearings and it’s whatever they were lubed with. If I end up cleaning these and using my own lubricant. I’ll put a few dabs of black moly grease on one side of the bearing and then a few drops of thick lube to spread the grease.

1 Like

While packing up, I found this blast from the past.

11 Likes