Yoyo Boomers Club

This was the super secret (and slightly dumb idea) I was excited about sharing for the group. I know there have been a lot of discussions about the FD Stem system as well, so thank you to ONE-July for this brain child, haha.

7 Likes

Too funny!!

3 Likes

Hey I missed this. Something about new baby at the time, but I saw @Spinstar got that yomega ambassador spot he was shooting for which is really cool. Congrats to a really awesome member of the club.

8 Likes

Yesterday was great fun at Worlds.

I sported the Workhorse V2, fully anticipating its mere presence to draw more attention than Taylor Swift at a KC Chief game.

Didn’t happen.

Bravely I did encourage a yo-yo enthusiast to bust out a trick.

16 Likes

Mr. Bill,

So Cool. Was there any feedback from those who tried it?

Please share any foot in mouth Moments? Like asking Mr. Markmont if he actually plays yoyo? LOL.

5 Likes

Does anyone here still have a hankering for a Dead 'Orse?

There is a chance I could make some more this weekend.

6 Likes

I just received my Dead ‘Orse (new one is on the right, @Pun1sh3R’s is on the left).

The rims got quite a bit smaller. I got out my calipers and it looks like the throw is 3mm narrower and the cup went from 7.5mm deep to 3.8mm.

In first impressions I like the presence of @Pun1sh3R’s a bit more, and it’s easier to DNA (haven’t managed it yet on the new one).

8 Likes

I would be interested.

Ithink this is simply because I’d forgotten the specs of the first one. That was thw only one I’d made at that point.

How wide is it, and what is the diameter?

2 Likes

36.6 wide, 62.1 diameter, rims 13.8mm wide. Cups is 7.3ish deep from the rim.

Whoa. That’s quite different. I’ll make it to those specs in future.

Sorry everyone. I suppose the ones I send you recently will have to be 'Slightly Alive ‘Orses’.

7 Likes

Id be down for an original spec horse of the not so alive variety. I like that wider cup.

2 Likes

What kind of wood are you planning to use?

I have walnut, oak, maple, Tasmanian Blackwood, golden wattle and various spectraply.

Any requests?

2 Likes

The maple is awesome.

2 Likes

I wood have to concur that the Dead ‘Orse in maple seems to be the ticket.

1 Like

I’m going to vote we go with “Not Quite Dead ‘Orses”.

2 Likes

There’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive

5 Likes

Ok. We can call the “The Westley’s”.

2 Likes

I’m in for an original spec as well, I think the one in transit is the Slightly Alive 'Orse, so would like to complete the horse family. I’m jealous of Cody’s Golden Wattle, would like to special request one of those please. :slight_smile:

1 Like