Yoyo Boomers Club

I’m in to buy for certain, everyone’s descriptions have made it sound awesome, and I haven’t even played it yet, haha!

2 Likes

The Workhorse was a nickname for station wagons, which was a logo we came up with early. And Dead ‘Orse was something that means something else, just can’t remember what. I think we were just keeping the theme on the first few throws.

2 Likes

Creatures of habit and we like themes so horses have stuck so far.

1 Like

Horse good… everything else bad!!

2 Likes

Then why is the Unresponsive called the Operator?

Oh yea, for all our Mall ninja friends.

3 Likes

I believe for the name Dead ‘Orse it was specifically Glen reacting to the name workhorse, and it should be above in this thread…

2 Likes
4 Likes

Next iteration must be a donkey!!!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Yo boomers, I seek your yoyo wisdom. Been trying to do a bunch of my 1A tricks on my Origen lately. What’s the secret to doing hops with a responsive throw? I’ve got a lot of tender knuckles and hurt pride, but no hops. Do any of you have any advice?

4 Likes

Accuracy and dont allow any slack with your non throw hand. Have to keep the string taught.

Any slack in the string and your hitting the response and returning the yoyo. Whether you want to or not.

10 Likes

Oh that helped! I just got the first hop of my Kwijibo! Thanks

10 Likes

I hate you. (j/k)

I can hit the first hop maybe 10% of the time right now…

5 Likes

Funny thing… I don’t celebrate birthdays and so I don’t pay a lot of attention to it. Almost all of last year I was telling people I was 53… but in reality… I just turned 53. I really believed it too. The mind can be such a funny thing. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This is me too. I know I’m almost 40? I always just tell people the year and month I was born and let them do the math. Lol.

3 Likes

Ha! Ive got the first hop, second hop has been a little more elusive. Cool thing though, when I mess that one up, half the time instead of a knuckle smash it ends with a double or nothing stall which looks pretty cool. Wish it was on purpose though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

try to figure out how to make it “on purpose” then tuck that away into your repertoire.

2 Likes

Definitely took me on a tangent for a little while and has a cool 0a/1a blend, which I’m really into. I can actually hit it pretty consistently now, but I really want to nail it proper!

4 Likes

Sounds like we will need a Name for this and a Tutorial for FAF 2025…

4 Likes

Kwyji Stall

Step 1: Unlearn the second half of Kwyjibo
Step 2: Execute the second half of Kwyjibo sloppily
Step 3: Hope it lands on the string and protect your knuckles :laughing:

10 Likes