Yoyo Boomers Club

I admit I no longer have a vcr so a vhs is lost in me today. Also my only dvd play is in our old van lol

2 Likes

Yeah I have no way to play it just found in a box of old yoyo boxes

3 Likes

How about a book…

12 Likes

I have a number of game consoles that still play DVDs…

2 Likes

Don’t worry… Goodwill has you covered.

3 Likes

I’ve always loved the idea of using older mediums to distribute content to a “select” few people. VHS, cassette, etc…

Wanna be in the UBER SECRET Boomer Club? Grab yourself a VCR and checkout our new VHS zine.

(Better yet, let’s use DAT and Beta)

3 Likes

I feel like I’m in the club lately with vinyl…

Meanwhile still no way to play my CDs :rofl:

Oh other than the game consoles that can play DVDs. They have that covered.

1 Like

Last year I picked up a 2019 VW Golf. Imagine my surprise when I found out it has a CD player in the glove compartment! I immediately went to the local record store and picked up an old copy of Toadies - Rubberneck.

2 Likes

I’ve been after the vinyl for a few years. I still have a DVD plugged into my main sound system. I don’t mess around with the system much anymore. I was trying for the longest time to transfer all of my CDs over onto my old 1st gen Xbox but I never finished. It took forever and labeling any of it took even longer. I mean with everything so available digitally these days it’s more of a hassle to mess with that stuff than anything. It’s crazy how things have changed over the last 50 years.

5 Likes

Straight to the top! Haha

1 Like

Welcome to our new members;

@bigstupidbees
@MuppetLabs

9 Likes

Laser disc. Club of 5 :laughing:

2 Likes

One yo-yo one month sounds fun!
Easy even lol

I would join in

2 Likes

So what designs are we going to see if Mr. Baron Radness von Throwington Esquire (@rkalajian) can put together for us for July?

I always wanted to digitize all of the older yoyo VHS’s and post them to the YoYoArchive youtube account.

While I’m mentioning the YoYoArchive site, I’ll let all of you know first, I’m going to be handing over the YoYoArchive to Rob very soon. At age 43, I’m starting a completely new career and need to focus on that. I hope to still assist in research and history gathering as time permits. This site is something that I’ve believed in and have wanted to create for years, I’m glad it’s going and believe it’ll be in great hands with Rob at the wheel.

5 Likes

To the top, you say¿

A story from seven days ago:

1 Like

I’m going to attempt to whittle/carve a No Jive. I’ll post the results whenever it’s complete, just don’t hold your breath it’s going to be a while.

5 Likes

A few years ago a friend’s band had the highest selling cassette for that year. It was also only one of a handful that was released that year :joy:

2 Likes

You should take pics along the way so you can make a time-lapse video showing the progress.

3 Likes