Yoyo Boomers Club

I have a confession to make. I have never successfully done a kick flip either…. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

And I thought I was the only degenerate in the club… I am not alone!

8 Likes

goes to lookup kickflip

5 Likes
6 Likes

I cannot kick flip…

4 Likes

Thx I found Jacobs vid. This guy makes it look easy

2 Likes

I find it helpful to have the loop on my non-throwhand a little further back on my index finger when going for the flip. If it’s too close to the tip it flips too fast and throws the yoyo off axis. At least for me.

3 Likes

I saw your post with Mr. Jakes. I am petitioning using that video for MRM 2025.

Mr. Overtinkering is talented.

3 Likes

The other thing that helped me was having a larger loop.

2 Likes

I can’t do a kickflip either.

3 Likes

I’ve landed a kickflip once, and I’m still riding that high. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Kickflip is hard but very satisfying. Pinch the loop to get a better rotation.

2 Likes

hello, I’m twentytwo and I would like to be a Yoyo Boomer.

8 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Guys guys guys I just did my first kickflip!! Cant stall consistently yet but when I land one I try a kickflip.

11 Likes

Hell yeah! Nothing like the feeling of your first Kickflip and first Varial

3 Likes

To quote another well known forum member…without a video…it never happened!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cricket::cricket::cricket:

I kid. Way to go!!!

7 Likes

Yeah I hit it a second time but a third is eluding me just gotta practice.

5 Likes

If it helps at all, when I was first learning kickflips, I found it helpful to swing it back and forth a bit to make sure it was swinging on the right axis before sending it all the way up.

Not something you’ll always need to do, but when learning it kinda builds that muscle memory for swing angle.

5 Likes

This is the way. I also just threw it a few times, with no intention of even trying to catch it, just to get a feel for flipping it.

When I started, varials and any other flip trick just seemed like a far off fantasy. I’m here to tell all you flippers, it gets easier. It’s kinda crazy just how many flip tricks there are once you open that door.

3 Likes