If You Were Sponsored,...

…And the manufacturer that sponsored you was going to make you a yoyo, what would you name it, and what would it be designed for?

Mine:

Hand Grenade (stolen :wink: )

It would be designed for grinds.

Mine would be a non-organic shape, wide, undersize. I’m thinking about 50mm diameter, but 43mm width. Probably 63ish grams for quick play.

The “Shimmy Ya”.

A bit too specific but I’d probably buy it :slight_smile: .

54 Diameter
43 Width
65 Grams
Organic and not angular enough to feel perfect in the hand, like it was molded around it but still angular enough to glide through the air. IRG necessary, must be stable and balanced as well as solid.
Beadblasted or regular anno option.

My perfect throw. I would call it “Prime.”

I’ve played and owned a lot of yoyos. I know exactly where my preferences fall, and I like this particular idea because it is pretty unique. The wide undersize is something you just don’t see but I think would be excellent.

Lets just keep it at yoyo names, and what they were built for, lets not get too specific. I made a different thread for specifics (can’t link on iPod).

I’m not worried about sponsorship. For how I am, I couldn’t be sponsored by a yoyo manufacturer. It would have to be a store, shop, club, team or other group, or a company that does apparel or accessories(say, strings would be ideal). I don’t like to be told what I can or cannot do or play.

Now, that aside, I am actually in the beginning stages of designing a yoyo myself. I don’t have a name for it. Actually, I’m designing 3-5 yoyos. One is a beginner plastic wing shape, another is V-shape, another is an H shape, and then the other two kind of come and go. Of course, the V-shape is going to be the one that will be the high-dollar item, but even so, one of my objectives is to keep it affordable. I’d like to keep all of my stuff around the price range RecRev is able to achieve. I’d also do a few things to drive costs down, such as solid color colorways.

You should check out the slithering hippo

For me a nice plastic everyone can afford but plays like a 100$ throw. that has a shape similar to the Di Base but you can get the bearing out easier but has removable hub stacks. So the person with the Yoyo can change it up when that person wants too. Oh yeah and has a really cool graphic design that has a star shape when it spins! I call this Yoyo “take it or leave it”

Kind of a less expensive and slightly smaller Anglam, without the inside rings, and sides more like a burnside or cascade. I like the Anglam sides, but they’re a bit too sharp for my tastes.

I would make a mid size all around player, with some epic splash colorways. Call it sacrifice or anthem

Little wide, undersized hubstacks(z-stacks) v shape, titanium. Meant for long spin times, and grinds,

The, v-lab

For me, a 4A or 1A throw.

4A
Heavier, around 75-78 grams, but Still not too big. around 2.75 inches diameter little wider then an Equinox. Good for Open String tricks
name: Astro-Flight Thunder Cracker (after the transformer…lol)

1A
H wing, Flaoty but still rim weighted, Pure Aluminum and Delrin/Aluminum Rigned Version.
Name: Icarus
A mutli platform yoyo, For 1A, 3A, and 5A, Some decent weight, Celcon Plastic with metal IRG Inserts of some metal, dunno what yet.
Name: Blitzwing (After the triple Changer Tank/Jet/Robot from G1 Transformers.)

54mm
42mm
65g

Any shape, as long as it has those specs.

Call it “Erisen”

So if it was a rhombus it wouldn’t matter :wink: .

1 Like

It wouldn’t matter at all.

Can’t see it. It says “error”

I can see it fine. You’re probably on your ipod, though, right? Because maybe that’s why.

Here’s a link, maybe that will work.

Link says i don’t have access. i’m on a desktop, too.

Same here.