Most boomer yoyoer yoyo?

So we have defined sort of what a boomer yoyoer is and have a club, and a logo I guess. I’m still fuzzy on some details so what’s the most boomer yoyo? I imagine most would say it’s something very high walled and organic as possible. It might be wood it might be responsive. However I want to present a different option.

The velocity. If not the most boomer yoyo it’s “the” dad yoyo. I think it’s something about dials personally. Something about being able to change the play characteristics on a whim. I know there are others with this gimmick but it’s also organic in shape and those walls aren’t low.

Thoughts? Arguments? Better contenders? More old school versions I don’t happen to have to reference that fit the bill even better? Examples of the most high wall organic you have are welcome and they don’t need to have a dial. Let’s find the ultimate boomer yoyo that we can all start sharing around if/when we ever meet?. :slight_smile:

Edit: I imagine we could get into what’s the most boomer yoyo company as well but that might get mean so let’s stick to just the yo-yos and leave the politics and personal feelings about certain brands out of it. Young folk feel free to poke fun and present the yoyo you feel is most boomer in your collection too. No one should be left out. This isn’t some old people party.

8 Likes

From my father who is a baby boomer. “If it’s not wood, it’s not a yoyo.”

14 Likes

My collection is very wood heavy so I can’t disagree entirely with that statement.

3 Likes

Tough Question. Can’t wait to see more responses.

If we are talking Fixies = Duncan Butterfly. I mean what Boomer would not have one?

Modern Responsive = This is tough. There is a lot of Love for the RBC, Weekender and El Mijo on the Higher end of the spectrum.

Budget Boomer Yoyo= Origen.

There are so many contenders though…

2 Likes

Panorama is THE boomer yo-yo. A close second is the Deep State. Pretty much anything by OD tbh

9 Likes

Well, I suppose I can just post my top ten and you tell me, lol

7 Likes

I was ready to post my collection too :joy::rofl:

I was just thinking tom kuhn 3in1

3 Likes

Do it we will figure it out lol

1 Like

I need an overture real bad

2 Likes

Freehand seems pretty boomer. I love it so that checks out.

6 Likes

imo a boomer yoyo would be a yoyo from one of the yoyo booms. maybe the Yomega Fireball?

9 Likes

How has MFD not been mentioned yet :skull:

4 Likes

Yomega Brain is the most boomer yoyo.

1 Like

Iconic yoyos from 2005-2010 like:

888, Peak, Hitman, Dark Magic, M1, etc.

2 Likes

Definitely get an Overture, Seth. I just got the Wizard. I like the Wizard a lot, but the Overture is in a league of its own.

I’d love to see @da5id drop more as it’s not had many drops at all since it’s inception.

If you like the Peak, you’ll love the Overture. I like it even more than the Peak, which makes sense, because Sebby took what he loved (the Peak) and wrote a love letter to it with the Overture.

3 Likes

I guess I’m confused on what we mean by boomer yoyo. If we’re talking a yo-yo an actual boomer would use, it’s like a Duncan tournament or a Russell or something, right? Brain and fireball were my first two yo-yos in the 90s so I suppose that makes sense too. I guess I was assuming we meant the yoyo that would represent the new yoyo boomer meta. Which, when I picture a yoyo boomer, they’re throwing a freehand, panorama, sudo, peak, etc…

3 Likes

I second the overture. It’s quite good.

2 Likes

Panorama gets my vote.

6 Likes

Dark magic is what i think of