Yoyo Boomers Club

Honestly would love if someone in the community wanted to “run” the 5a may event and use our platform and such. More or less I can easily shill for sponsors, I can edit video together and we can write the post and such even logistics for prizes and junk but if someone wants to be the one who does the content and the tricks or whatever (not everything has to be a trick ladder a banger style contest or freestyle thing would be super cool too)

Idk I also think we might do a few silly things like one yoyo month (no prize or nothing crazy at least) just who can stick to one yoyo all month. Or maybe we support a freestyle 1A contest thing but like that would be a “powered by” YYBC not run by if that makes sense…

Offtober is the same thing like not our core demo style but if folks want support we will support doing something if someone wants to lead doing content and stuff.

3 Likes

I will note for 5A May I have three sponsors that have already expressed interest for prizes for that one and I haven’t really tried much for may yet.

2 Likes

Im a big 5a guy I mostly do that and 2a (sometimes 1a)

2 Likes

Thanks for doing the recap. I would have needed to take notes in order to be able to write it up. And once that Whiskey hit my system…it was lights out. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah I was on just two beer so I was still alright but if I had pulled out some vodka it would have been a different recap

2 Likes

What am I being roped into?
Lol I’m happy to help with whatever!

2 Likes

@ENGLISH_TEA We have been throwing around the idea of doing an event for 5A in may (5Amay) I guess @rkalajian thinks you might be a good person to help with trick videos or what have you.

We already have a few potential prize sponsors for the event if we go through with it we just need folks willing to do stuff for it.

3 Likes

@Vargabond Welcome to the Club

4 Likes

nice

1 Like

Hi all. I would like to join the club. What do I need to do for this? I’m not sure I’ll be very useful anytime soon, but I have Duncan Butterfly and I like Shoot the Moon😁

7 Likes

You’ve done all that you need to do. You wanted it…and you asked.

3 Likes

Did you read the first post?

Welcome to the club. I enjoyed your videos during the events.

4 Likes

Ooops… now I got it😂
Thanks!

6 Likes

Welcome dude!

2 Likes

Like the example/tutorial videos? I’m down like a clown Charlie brown.
Unless I don’t know the trick lol! I absolutely suck at efans so I won’t do that one lol.

I’d say choose your favorite trick!

I’ve got a few ideas for 5a May, I just need to sit down and flesh everything out.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m still trying to wrap my head around what a 5a may event would look like but maybe it’ll be a kickoff video with some choice bangers as examples then tell folks strap on your cw and show us something cool.

For the bangers we would need some volunteers lol I personally suck at 5a

Also if we did that I like the idea of linking to how to get started or making a video or two around how to 5a or easy entry tricks.

With events I like to set the bar super low for those uncertain about participating while leaving it open for folks to show off and be creative and presenting a few difficult tricks for people to aspire to try. I’m really hoping as the month goes on the 2a event approach works out like that.

4 Likes

Thinking out loud;

Week 1 is Post a 5A Tutorial week. Entry for submitting a Tutorial.

Then define trick lists off user supplied tutorials. If we use their tutorial in a weeks trick ladder, they get an additional entry.

Entry for 1 to 2 minute Freestyle.

2 Likes

I was just thinking that people submit 1 video for the whole month, and they’re eligible to win 1 of several “awards,” each with a prize.

Each week we have a tutorial from the community, and some featured YYE 5a stuff.

2 Likes

So are you saying…week one is open to the contestants to make and post a tutorial, this earns them an entry. Then contestants choose a tutorial and learn/post that trick to get their entry?

1 Like