Yoyo Appraisal Thread

Interstingly, that seller used the exact same pictures for the listing you won from a different FH1 listing they had the week prior; it sold for $45 :grimacing: Wonder if they had two in different conditions and you got shafted.

4 Likes

I bought that one, paid for it, the whole 9 yards. A couple hours later he cancelled my order and refunded it citing “item no longer in stock/damaged” as the excuse and wouldn’t message me to tell me why. After he relisted it as an auction he messaged me back saying he never meant to list it as a “buy it now” which is somewhat understandable, but still sketchy.

4 Likes

Youch, that plus them calling the yo-yo “mint” when it clearly wasn’t is supremely sketchy :confused:

4 Likes

If you haven’t already, simply open up a case with eBay - item not as described. You may have to wait a week before asking eBay to step in because you can’t work things out amicably, but ultimately the seller is guaranteed to lose the case. On eBay, buyers can effectively return anything for any reason; you’ll get all your money back.

6 Likes

:raised_hands:

24 Likes

Let that be a lesson to any would-be scammers out there – jojopro is not easily pushed around.

8 Likes

Oxygene- Oxy Ti 9.06 mint in original box and autographed by Carlo Menon, the owner of Oxygene Yoyos.

3 Likes

So I am looking to heavily reduce the number of yoyos I own as they don’t get the love they deserve from me anymore :slightly_frowning_face: While I am able to find most on them on BST to get an estimate of their worth there are a couple that I have a problem with:

1. ILYY Teatime - It’s never hit the ground or anything but it’s raw titanium, so I’ll say NMTBS.

2. ILYY 3145 - good condition, a couple of small marks.

3. ILYY Abyss - 2nd run - MIB

4. ILYY Noctu - Special #2 - good condition, no flat spots, a couple of small scratches and ano “defects”

5. VsNYYC Battosai - Cherry Blossom colorway - MIB

11 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 is into ILYYs and VsNYYC and might have an idea.

6 Likes

the Battosais weren’t breaking $100 in the past year, but that is beautiful… i think i sold mine for $90 and it was a cherry blossom. the abyss probably about $110-$120.

the noctu special is nice, but there was one up for a while that wasn’t getting any bites at $200… i’d put it closer to $150-$160… i’d say $110 -$120 on the 3145… they don’t pop
up much. i’d be intetested so i’d pay more than that or someone else.

i know there are a hanfdul
of people looking for a teatime around the various bsts… @fullnelson would maybe be able to double check my valuations and give you a better estimate on the teatime…

thanks for the heads up @Isaac and good luck!

5 Likes

i personally think any oxy ti fetching at and over $450 isn’t a stretch mint in box, i can’t speak to the significance of the autograph however… oxy ti are tough to come by

1 Like

Mr. Snacks is pretty much dead on for the ILYY prices. If memory serves correctly, the price of the TeaTime was around 250 Euros…

5 Likes

why thank you @fullnelson my good sir!

@spokomaciek if you want to talk
a couple pieces i’d be interetested… thanks!

4 Likes

@spokomaciek would be Interested in the ILYY teatime, if letting it go? Just get in touch once decided on a price

1 Like

I think I sold my abyss last year for $150 if I’m remembering right

4 Likes

I think the teatime would pull over retail with how popular organics and ilyy has become

5 Likes

i was going to SWAG at $350
anyway

3 Likes

I don’t think that I’ve seen a Teatime re-sell. Just giving OP a starting point…

3 Likes

I have a clyw gnarwhal 1 rockabilly color way and was wondering what something like that would be worth. The yoyo is used and has 1 ding but overall great condition

1 Like

Hey. I’d love to help you out!

The Gnarwhal you have is the “Rockabully” and the signature colorway of Abe from CLYW.

Roughly 23 of these gnarwhals were produced and they came with a special box that featured this particular edition. (pictured at the bottom)

If you have the box, I could see your gnarwhal with the ding fetching $120 ish.

If there is no box, I’d put it at the $100 mark.

Let me know if that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes