Yoyo Appraisal Thread

i remember talking with this dude soupysam

i think it ended up
going for about $150 in april, so between that $200… seems about right

1 Like

Generally feel pretty comfortable with pricing, but what would you guys put on a black OD Project (the original), mint with everything?

5 Likes

That would interest me also.

there was an olive project that sold recently… it was up at $300 (i believe), that was 1/30… not sure how many of the black there were…

initially i thought $300 was on the high side. but, it was overseas… and projects (and early markmont) have not stopped climbing since that one first hit the bst over a year ago…

i know b/c it used to be mine, has crossed 4 or 5 palms since, and it has been a pretty good case study in how that part of the od market has steadily changed this past year

5 Likes

Any idea on what a fair price is on this one, no damage.
SPYY, Pure VSOP.

16 Likes

I tend to see them sell around 120-150

1 Like

For a vsop? Idk id say 200 at least, especially if its mint.

2 Likes

spyy prices are on a bit of an upswing lately in general. however, there are some recent sales
on ebay that are outliers, and don’t accurately represent the spyy market - or the yoyo
market in general… i was thinking 150ish initially, i’d maybe tack a
little more meat on there because of interest in the spyy market recently

4 Likes

I sold one for $200 2 or 3 years ago, also mint. I wouldn’t let it go for $150.

5 Likes

@FourCorner asked me via PM earlier and I said $150-180 but suggested he ask here. The Pure is a funny yoyo in that I’m sure lots of people haven’t played it or really anything like it. It’s quite unique. I remember reading a number of years ago in a “what’s your favorite yoyo?” thread on YYN (I think it was YYN, may have been here) where @yyfben2.deactivated responded with the SPYY Pure as his answer. High praise.

10 Likes

Didn’t realize VSOP prices were that low nowadays. What about the BAC Pure that looks like a VSOP w/o polished rims?

1 Like

the BAC was a lot more rare so around $50-$100 over the VSOP

3 Likes

i believe (some) spyy pieces are fairly undervalued, when compared to other brands such as clyw in regards to aesthetics and performance, in the bst market.

the ronin and pistolero(s) had amazing engravings - the latter with holes and still
played smooth, their early line-up
was d-bearing throws - difficult to find but in demand, comfortable organic size and shapes, innovative designs, cool stuff…

definitely, imo, undervalued stuff

4 Likes

I have a couple of dif e yos that I wanted to get a quote for. Not sure if it’s worth it to try and sell them or just hang onto them.

First one is a GTO-F

Has normal raw marks and well as two small dings. Can provide pictures if needed. Has the original weight rings and original container that is very worn as well as new dif pads.

Second one is a wide sport-F

Seen much more play than GTO and as such has quite a few dings. Can provide pictures as well if needed. Also has original weight rings and container. The container is in a much better condition than the GTO container. Also has new dif pads.

1 Like

Hey all, wondering if anyone had a rough idea on what a YoyoJam ENEME goes for these days?
A friend of mine has one, and is wondering what they are worth. It’s definitely been loved / not in the best condition (see pics). A rough price check would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

What about these? Wenge and Bubinga 2016 EHs. Also a 2014 EH.

7 Likes

They’re between $25-35 each I’d say

Might be worth about $20 to the right person but just not a very popular throw unfortunately

1 Like

2014 EH- $135 and up base off of Yoyobrothers catalog

These eHxotics are more rare and yours look mint
2016 EH Wenge - $150 and up
2016 EH Bubinga - $150 and up

4 Likes

Just curious how do you like the wenge and bubinga compared to the 2014? I really love my 2014 and always wondered if these versions were worth the price increase.

Also I would say @Exmime has pretty solid prices on those. I would probably say closer to 75-100 on the 2014 and I think the 2016s are about right.

2 Likes