Yoyo Appraisal Thread II

Somebody did in fact sell one for 500 on the FB BST but imo that was an absurd outlier price. Before the BST had slowed down I’d have said 200 dollars would be a reasonable price for it, but I also just marked down an Unknown Akita to 100 bucks before it sold. And that Peak 2 on FB sold alongside an Unknown Pickaxe for 300. I sold an Unknown pickaxe for 120 not that long ago. So yeah those prices were weird outliers. MSRP on these was 110 iirc and 50 were produced which is a lot for a single colorway of a CLYW.

How much you’ll get for it depends on how badly somebody wants it. I can’t imagine any scenario where another sells for 500 bucks, but I still think 200 would be reasonable to the right collector. In terms of quantity it’s actually one of the more common Unknowns.

Neat yoyo though, if you asked me a year ago I’d already be in your DMs asking to buy it lol.

Also worth noting that FB sale happened only a few months ago, which is after the BST had slowed down cuz irl economics, which makes the sale even weirder.

4 Likes

There are not that many of these in the wild since @unklesteve metioned there were some QC issues when these were released. Though I agree on your current market value, there are some Peak collectors out there that might be willing to pay more. I think their value will rise once the Plastic Peak and Peak 3 come to market.

5 Likes

Oh wack, thanks for the correction. I knew the Pickaxe/Akita were produced in a run of 50, so I assumed it was the same for the Peak 2. It still doesn’t seem like anybody is seeking out Unknowns though, so I def think there’s a limit to how much of a premium can get tacked on to it in the current yoyo market.

200 is totally reasonable, 250… maybe…? but I think we can agree that 500 is a massive outlier that isn’t likely to happen again. At least until several Peak/Unknown collectors decide they really want one at any cost all at the same time.

2 Likes

Anybody have an estimate for an unopened 2011 eight8eight? Did all of them come with a dvd, strap holster and extra parts? Just the plain blue ano.

That one was a reissue, I have it with box and everything, I remember maybe it was around 80£ at the time? (Imagine I bought mine off Amazon), I don’t think has a big value nowadays as it wasn’t the OG

1 Like

I think it’s 888x not 11.

2 Likes

I was actually the one buying, it was MIB and my buddy needed help to buy brakes for his car so i offered him 350 and scooped it. Honestly one of the best looking yoyos i own. Pretty stoked even though i paid a little more than usual. Can always get more money but only so many peaks out there :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah doing more research it is the 888x. It doesn’t say 888x on it anywhere I can find but the DVD has 2011 printed on the edge. I’m not expecting big money here, just wondering if I should throw this on the BST to get some feedback going or just open it and put it in my case.

1 Like

Japan Sales update for the record, This Canvas just sold (quickly) for ¥100,000, that’s $731.20 USD.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m93330652608

" Product description

It is a canvas at the time of production in the United States and Canada. Jensen Kimmitt’s signature model. It has been used only a few times, so there are no scratches. To prevent trouble, please be sure to check the photos and make sure you are satisfied before purchasing. Shipping will be the minimum size. Please refrain from excessive discount negotiations."

7 Likes

Oh wow I was hoping a canvas of this condition and engravings would be around 600. That is one of the best engravings tho so hopefully that contributed to price.

3 Likes

I may start using this in BSTs…

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/sfyoyos-movement-or-statement-cost/371199?u=mystik

What do we think the value is of the nickel plated 2013 Freehand Als?

Not looking to sell, just curious.

1 Like

Anyone able to help me with the value of an SF Statement, please? It is the Hamad Ahmad version which I guess is a bit lighter than the production run. No idea about how rare this thing actually is - damage free with pouch. Thanks for your help!

There is more on these Japan FHAL from 2013 in the older thread. Freehand collector’s will obviously value them higher.

3 Likes

Thank you. Any idea how many were nickel plated?

No, but there were five colorways, Red, Black, Blue, Silver and Nickel, and only one run.

5 Likes

Oooh cool. Didn’t realize it was part of the normal run.

1 Like

The value of nickel specifically might be a little skewed since a good amount of deadstock was available just a few months ago on beyondyoyos for 50 bucks. I’d imagine the other colors would be valued higher than nickel, as weird as that sounds.

That’s actually when I got mine as well. But yeah it does make sense that the nickel would be priced a little lower. I was not aware that nickel was part of the regular run

1 Like