What's the most expensive yoyo you've ever owned?

What’s the most expensive yoyo you’ve ever owned? I used to own this bad boy, miss it so much. Sold it about 8 years ago.

18 Likes

My yoyorecreation AE Fireworks, still play it from time to time :smile:
Got a few scratches since I wanted to spark it :rofl:

3 Likes

My Painted Levi Peak for me by far :innocent:

19 Likes

My Atmos Ari. Goodness I miss that yo-yo…

4 Likes

the end titanium. before that my most expensive was a 2002 limited edition tk tomcat.

6 Likes

my Titaniums have all cost right around $300

5 Likes

YoYoFriends Cloudstrike my most expensive so far.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s the MCMO

2 Likes

RSO DROID!!

20 Likes

RSO Mecha Bapezilla, Godzilla Edition.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

20 Likes

Mustang Es

15 Likes

MSRP or BST price?

Most expensive MSRP was probably a pink anodized JT Shaqshine Bros. Those were ~650 USD retail. I didn’t pay anywhere close to that and ended up getting rid of it for ~200 dollars.

Most expensive secondary market yoyo was easily my MFD Anti Pro 1. I traded it for an Unknown Doorknob + 325 USD.

13 Likes

Have a pic of the anti pro or remember the name of the colorway? The anti pro 2 drop has been planned but isn’t happening until the end of the year i believe.

1 Like

Ones I have owned, and sold for next to nothing, then later discovered they became very collectable. Probably rare 888’s and Oxygenes.

2 Likes

Anti-Matter, got lucky on the drop. From what I remember it played like a Gelada 2 with a weird profile, not uncomfortable but it has a strange sort of choppy sensation on string hits to the inner walls. Similar to OD projection grooves if you’ve played a Rebirth or something. I’d rather have a Gelada 2 tbqh.

MFD is such a strange spot, I feel like they’ve got a handful of designs that are pretty solid (Gelada 2, Prime8, Conspiracy) but collectors are just offering such insane amounts of money for them that it’s really hard to even want to play them. Yeah it’s a fun yoyo that looks sweet, but almost 600 dollars sweet? Not even close.

20 Likes

I have an OG Bape, Eetsit, and Viszilla. I also just got a YoyoFriendss Damascus which is probably the most I have spent on a yoyo retail, but I think this OG Sovereign #2 I had takes the cake in terms of most valuable and (most likely) expensive. You don’t really see these pop up too often. It’s the yoyo I regret selling the most as well.

17 Likes

Such a great looking yo-yo

4 Likes

That so happens to be a 1 off model for MFD and probably top 2 sought after colorway. Most MFD color ways can be purchased for 20-40 bucks over retail. The rarest stuff is going for around 300-400(retired models), but that anti pro you have is just that rare.

I understand it though. Its a lot harder to use a yoyo that sells well in the after market compared to a yoyo that you know won’t hold much value.

ps I just put a huge scratch on my yoyo I got in the mail a couple hours ago and now im big sad because its value went down probably $50. Now I have no intention of selling for a lower amount and it will probably be used 10x more

5 Likes

I’m well aware of the rarity, it’s still just sorta nuts that somebody was willing to spend that much money for one. Although I guess that’s still kinda chump change compared to G2 swirls on some models.

I really wish MFD would do more solid colors for people who just want to play them and don’t care about the anodization.

3 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Throw in some basic stuff every drop for the people who just want the yoyo.

They started doing a yearly pre-order that stays in stock for a couple days of almost every model and type of aluminum. MFD has been trying to come up with multiple ways recently to get yoyos into new peoples hands. MFD is actually giving away a yoyo right now you should check out their monkey business Monday YouTube series to find out how to join.

3 Likes