What's the most expensive yoyo you've ever owned?

I feel the same way about G2, but both obviously get a huge kick out of the elaborate finishes.

I honestly wonder if it would impact pricing if there wasn’t also a significant bump in production (which simpler finishes would make at least a little easier). People might be in the same position, not wanting to play a super rare and valuable “blackout” version.

1 Like

Love it!!!

You wouldn’t have any idea who has # 22?

1 Like

OD Citizen. Not my biggest total yoyo purchase, but the most I’ve spent on a single yoyo and also the most valuable in my collection (from a resale standpoint, not a sentimental one).

21 Likes

Alpine. $340

Cool to have, fun to play once and awhile. But not even close to my favorite throw

4 Likes

I’ll ask you the same, any idea who has number 22? Both the sovereign and citizen are grails of mine.

1 Like

I did a quick search here and on FB, scrolling through pics and nothing came up. I will def keep my eye out for you king. :+1:

3 Likes

I looked for a Fireworks for a while they are a hard one to find. One was up in a post a few months ago it was quickly was snatched up.

3 Likes

I had a snowcrash 888 and small bearing test ano bvm. A grade gold nugget peak and 1/1 c3 trident are up there as well.

Possibly the prototype fluchs would do well these days as well as the chrome business.

2 Likes

The customs are the elaborate ones he does solid colors often as well there are a ton out there and simple fades on g2 those are a good half of getting out there and bst+patreon you can get a ton more g2 than MFD of kinda whatever style you want solids vs splashes model depending

I know on the MFD side since Ray does the anodizing himself it’s part of just having that as a hobby it’s boring to do just one color and mentioned he doesn’t plan to do solids aside from black which happens on occasion

I think to answer to the topic question though I think is my atmos Ari retail spent wise and probably most valuable now BST wise is likely my mfd omnibus pixel ape or anti pro

2 Likes

I know that they are out there. I just think that they are still relatively rare and valuable (by design).

1 Like

Yoyorecreation Seventh Heaven. I got it when the exchange-rate was not very favorable. I think it was somewhere north of $700.

As for resale; probably still my Jason Wong custom anodized Ti-Walker

22 Likes

Assuming the question is BST prices…

I used to have a pretty big collection and owned quite a few pricey yoyos. They are mostly gone other than a couple 888s but here are a few.

OG numbered painted Peak. Perfectly mint.
The China Peak.
OG Derti.
Around 30 888s all 07-09. Ten or so were 07’.
And a bunch more.

If the question is retail I owned a couple OG Catch 22s.

11 Likes

MSRP, Apogee Beau Noir. Aftermarket, Rainicorn Hawk.

18 Likes

I think this is it for me RSO #10/10
Mecha Bapezilla Viszilla edition
Black Cracked Hard Coat.
The way I had it for a while

The way it is now

18 Likes

totally agree that they were hard to find. When I bought it, I was lucky enough to find it in physically in Japan.

2 Likes

My one was probably an Oxygene (I had many) yoyo from when I was sponsored, they get retailed usually around 150$ or more.

Other than that I am a very cheap person in fact of yoyo lmao mostly I can’t afford the rare/super expensive one, my usually limit is 60$ more or less, just recently I had my YYR Chopstick gorilla for 80£ shipped I think that is the most I spent!

4 Likes

Amazing! Can you share your pics?:blush:

2 Likes

I’ll have to see what I have pics of. I know I have a couple of the Derti.

4 Likes

I was able to get all 3 of these yoyos for a pretty good deal , but even tho i didnt spend an arm n leg i was offered $800 for my custom Spawn Tri-b , and i was also offered $600 for the best yoyo Tp has made, the black/ yellow splash Anubis !!

14 Likes

Hell yea haha i love spawn HELL yea thats awesome throw i wanna see that figure too one of my fav comics

5 Likes