Your Yo-Yos With Longevity... the Holdouts!

Literally my whole collection is holdouts lol. This isn’t even getting into fixed axle & wood lol.

10 Likes

Shutter

Oh boy that Freehand MG, and that Cold Fusion… I remember when I used to admire them as a kid. Still never played with one :pleading_face:. How do they hold up?

Actually that’s just a recessed FH! I sold my Mg to Bryan Jardin a couple years back! Still a super keeper (and maybe my fave FH!)

2 Likes

The yoyo for me that has withstood the test of time in my collection is my good 'ol AXL Elite. It was my first bearing yoyo, and the one that got me back into the hobby after a decade long break.

Sadly, the response pads completely hardened up with age, so I tried replacing them with some flowable silicone. The grooves were never meant for that though and are very shallow. It does work, but she’s not what she used to be :frowning:

1 Like

You can make a reasonable facsimile of turbo disks with hockey tape or adhesive tape.

3 Likes

Good ideas! I’ve used fabric bandaids, I think that’s what’s in my Pocket Rocket at the moment. I’ve actually never tried disks in the original SB, since mine didn’t come with them in the first place, but I may try the tape route and see how I like it.

1 Like

i thought the sb2 did, may have been just sb2.2 upgrades

Lol, the only one out of these that I still have is the Grail. It’s funny how preferences change.

Right now I’m still keeping the Grail, along with the SPYY Punchline, RBC, and DeHcade

2 Likes

It is faded dinged, it has been given to my son, taken to Argentina and brought back to me, when he returned, it never disappoints.
888.11 ( 808 ) Hawaii Edition

7 Likes