Your very own signature throw

let’s say you were about to get your own signature throw. what would it be like? who would make it? what about the colorways? what shape would it be? feel free to draw them out. I wanna see them!

10 Likes

I’m not sure… I’ll think about it and then make it soon.

12 Likes

~55.5 mm diameter
~46.5 mm width

Shape would be essentially the wide angle shape but with out the cut that separates the rims from the center body. So very close to the Recognition, which is why I want to pick one up so badly. I’m essentially just slightly reducing the diameter and width of the wide angle and making the shape a bit more pleasant to hold.

7068 so I could keep the walls thinner to reduce center weight and add rim weight while keeping the overall weight around 64.5ish grams.

4 Likes

I want yoyofriends to make it obviously. It’s going to be outer ring bimetal with 7068 +SS rings. A yoyo more extreme even than the hummingbird. I do have the CAD for it, but hopefully one day we will make it instead of showing it to yall right now.

7 Likes

Already made it with FPM Yoyofriends and with the most valuable help of Rob owner of Airetic Strings. 56mm 44mm 55.5g 4.6mm Gap. It’s Amazing!!’

17 Likes

Well, design has little room for innovation.

Soooo… same clean design as the Canvas, with the size dimensions of the Parlay, in 7075. Tweaked weight distribution to add a little more power to the spin; get the most out of the 7075.

Take it to the next level with same concept, but in titanium. Sounds freaking sweet.

Black ano. Just black. Blasted or ams. 10 ball flat. Flowable pads. Fresh fat poly string. Duuuuude. :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Pretty much this. Best playing throw I’ve touched.
One of the coolest looking too!

6 Likes

I had this convo with jacob a couple weeks ago, bur basically It would probably be different bc my tastes are vastly different from competition players and chill players rn but it would still be dope.
Probably like 53/54 diameter with either 42 width or something more modern like 46/47… leaning towards the wider. With some chunk rims. Think like modernized punchline basically But a tad floatier and a little 5star action thrown in there with the weight of a hatrick/vayder. And maybe a D bearing if it feels nice.

Edit: @ReticNeil :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Edit 2: also id make sure there was a really sick green and make that @twitch77 sig colorway haha

7 Likes

I still want one of these @sloegoe!!! Didn’t you say it’s like 58 grams or something?!?

3 Likes

Mine would be machined by one drop, blasted, with side effects but still fingerspin capable, finger grind friendly, 57.5 dia, 54 wide, 62 gr, 4.5 gap, organicish rounded H shape.

4 Likes

I always thought an undersized organic with the Bassalope grooves around the hub would be awesome. I wish CLYW would bring those back, such a cool touch.

5 Likes

I think my signature yoyo would be wood. 55mm diameter, 32mm width, about 60g.

I already own a yoyo with these specifications, it plays exactly how I like, for me, it is nearly perfect.

4 Likes

My man!! :green_heart: :fist_right::boom::fist_left:

6 Likes

Titanium with whole stainless steel ring placed in the center of each cup - similar to the one that was done on the Top Yo Robusta (except that yoyo is not titanium)
57mm diameter, 44.5 width, 4.5 gap width. V shaped ala-draupnir style. 63.5 grams

That extra tall width, and the whole-ring SS placement will make it very stable. Like the Robusta, I noticed if I throw it a certain angle, the yoyo retains that angle and still spins for a long time. Its like you’ll have to make an extra effort just to make it tilt.

4 Likes

7075 Al, 55.5mm diameter, 45.2mm width. Reverse bell shape with small but deep finger spin bowl, curving into wide, flat-ish rims, with midship placed thin brass rings. Has to have an excellent grind finish.

Need to breed an SF Statement with a Retic Death Adder… Could be problematic with that venom.

5 Likes

still thinking about what the design would be but i’d probably have @MarkD help me because he’s SUPER nice and very clear lol

4 Likes

What about the Taupe with Brown speckle?!

4 Likes

That one too for the tater tot colorway

6 Likes

Mine would be a mix between a gradient and and banshee with side effects but the taper is flush with the inside of the Yoyo so if it had caps or ultra lights then it would be like a finger spin bowl

5 Likes

My signature throw would be a titanium Top Deck.

4 Likes