Your Top 3 YoYo "Heroes"

He does a suicide and instead of catching it with his finger, he catches it with his liberty spike.

Haha! Awesome

1. Augie Fash, he makes me know how fun the sport is and how its not to impress or win contests.
  2. Samad, he started me on yoyoing at school
  3. All of yoyoexpert!
1 Like

alex garcia-the originator who opened pandora’s box

sky kiyabu-basically came up with crazy tricks that no one else wanted to try, yet years later, it is the cutting edge of yo yo play. he was definatley ahead of his time

Noel poppum-considered old school to old school he made everything look silky smooth. he was the usher of yo-yoing

thanks for the props jayyo, wish i still had my game

• Daniel Volk
    Harvey Lowe
    Robert Litton

If I were to continue this list:

Brad Countryman, Tommy Smothers, Tom Kuhn, Dennis McBride, Barney Akers, Bob Rule, Paul Buethe, Robert Sitton.

Last my father, who presented me the use of ‘his’ hummingbird yoyo when I was maybe 9 year old.

1 Like

Ryosuke Iwasawa

Juan Renteria

Shinji Saito

Johnny Delvalle
John Ando
Andre Boulay

Tom Smothers…Ya, I said it, the Yo-Yo Man, LOL!!!
Steve Brown
Ed Haponik

If I had to pick 3, but there are way more ;D

I am so mad at myself for forgetting John Higby.

John Higby, His show was so inspirational
Nate Sutter, Real nice guy
Jeff Coons, just plain amazing

ME!

juan renteria
tyler severance
yuuki spencer

definitely Yuuki 4 1A
Jonrob 4 5a
and another one 4 1A…Guy Wright!

I have too have four

1. Guy Wright- Amazing tricks and so smooth, he has inspired all of my tricks.
  2. Yuuki Spencer- Some how always comes up with new stuff no to mention that each and every time they get better and better.
  3. Zach Gormley- For the most part watched his yoyoing advance and each time I watch a new video I always ask “How in the world did he think of that ???!! ???!! ???!!”
  4. Augie Fash- Always has fun no matter what! And his skills has done nothing but get better.

I listed three people earlier in the thread who were my first influences in yo-yos…Nemo Concepcion, Gus Somera, and Bob Rule.

It should be noted that Bob Rule is way way WAY beyond being a “yo-yo hero”. The guy is an inspiration to me in every possible aspect of life.

He’s a player, a demonstrator, a historian, a collector, an entrepreneur, a business man, a dedicated father, husband, and family man, and he lives his life like every day might be his last.

The first time I ever invited Bob to a yo-yo contest, his reply was “Oh man, that would be great! But that conflicts with my annual snowmobile racing trip in Canada, and I can’t let the guys down.”

He was in his mid-60s at the time.

He’s humble, gracious, generous, and absolutely devoted to whatever he is doing at that moment, and I’ve never met anyone his equal.

The fact that I get to call Bob Rule my friend is one of that absolute greatest things in my life.

JonRob - best tricks by far and great guy
Andre - great teacher
Mark White - kept me yoyoing and always helped me progress

in order
1.andre boulay
2.my grand father
3.JD
JD for inventing grinds and making such awesome yoyos (hitman, x-convict, eneme)
Andre Boulay for taking the time to make all those videos and helping me with my dark magic
and my grand father for inspiring me to be a yoyoer :slight_smile: thanks grandpa!!!

1. jensen kimmit, He’s just entertaining
  2. Augi Fash, knows how to have fun
    #. Tyler severence, his 5a is sick

MarkMont (Mike mont, you are awesome too ;))
Andre Boulay
THese forums.

Haha thanks man :slight_smile:

I’d have to agree, Mark Montgomery is one of my heroes. Johnnie D is another. Ignitus was probably my first ones though.