Your Top 3 YoYo "Heroes"

YoYoGuy- without him and his online shop, I would never have been able to get my first yoyo for christmas. :slight_smile:

Andre- Whoā€™s tutorials got me to where i am today. :smiley:

All you here at YYE- With the awesome help, and suggestions from you guys, how can anyone go wrong? ;D

gus somera and bob rule: 2 & 3. :wink:

connor/samad/xdohl, jeezā€¦ itā€™s nice to be called somebodyā€™s yo-yo hero, but you could do better. get lookinā€™ā€¦ itā€™s a tough question. i could list a hundred for all different reasons, but hereā€™s the 3 that spring to mind right now:
ā€¢ i want to know yo-yoingā€™s past present and future like steve brown.
ā€¢ i want to be able to engage non-yoyoers like john higby.
ā€¢ i want to shed my creative limitations like john w. robot.

Ed, you should know that you are awesomeā€¦ in any possible way. You manage to make yoyoing more than yoyoing, which is something you should be really proud of. I have no problems with you being shy about this, because you aas a human has every reason to be so, but know that you have great influence on lots of people, including me.

2 Likes

Dave Geigle
Andre Bouley
Grant Johnson
Hiroyuki Suzuki

Wow, great answers guys! Keepā€™em coming! :slight_smile:

me
myself
and
I
:stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s an important name missing here.

Tommy Smothers.

For those that donā€™t know who he is, he had a variety show in the 60s with his brother. And in their acts he would frequently include yoyos. It was sort of a yoyo trick comedy act. He helped to keep yoyos in the mainstream and helped make around the world and other tricks we take for granted part of every Americanā€™s vocabulary.

Heā€™s the first ā€œproā€ (for lack of better term) I was ever familiar with. He got me interested so heā€™s at the top of my list.

Petrov, Yelena and me :stuck_out_tongue:

Points for referenceā€¦

I know Tommy Smothers! Or atleast who he is. Great YoYo Person. He has some stuff like the Smothers Brothers :smiley:

1)Zach Gormley
2)Guy Wright
3)Yoshi Mikamoto
Not only are these guys great, they are great examples of how awesome yoyoing can be!
Oh and props to Zach on the new vid :wink:

JD
Doc Pop
Zammy

Three guys that change(d) the way the game is played.

Andre Boulay is responsible for making me the player I am today. I remember when I first got back into it about a year ago, his tutorials made me progress through tricks so quick, it was ridiculous. I looked at him as more then just a player, but an international icon for the sport (because he is). Way back when I called YoyoeXpert for an order mishap, and he answered. I became gitty like a little school girl, ā€œIs this Andre Boulay?!ā€ was the first thing I said. He is such a positive role model for yoyoing.

Augie Fash. Heā€™s next. I remember seeing him on a Dave Attells ā€œThe Gong Showā€ before I started yoing again, and he just absolutely blew my mind. Not to mention he comes up with new tricks like everyday. He is another icon (IMO). Im friends with him on Facebook ha.

Jensen Kemmitt from CLYW. I donā€™t really have a reason for him being a hero, besides that he is so gnarley. His style is so authentic and so smooth. I love watching him spin. No homo.

Haha, I talked to Andre once. I got all giddy too. Heā€™s a REALLY great guy.

Jenson Kimmit
Aundre
and Micky
And mom
and the government
andā€¦

But seriosly, thanks Jenson, Aundre, Micky, and Mom!

Chris Mikulin
Jensen
Alex Berenguel
Sea-Bass
Never meet them though

1. Ace6598

Got me into throwing and taught me how to throw and everything. Without him, Iā€™d never be here.
Thanks Ace!
2. Andre Boulay

Has this website, and love his tutorals.
Thanks Andre!
3. Parents

Got me my kickside, legacy, and pitched in $20 for my DV888 and with shipping money.
Thanks Mom and Dad!

augie fash
jhon robinsn
andre boulay

Ed, You shouldnā€™t try to deny people their opinion. I have a lot of heroā€™s. I also have some that are the bottom of the area that they are in. Just because you think there are better heroā€™s out there, that doesnā€™t negate your role in someoneā€™s life. Take the compliment and and THEN be your usual humbleness. You are awesome and inspire a lot of people. Why do you try to deny that?

I also forgot to mention someone that has had more influence than he would admit and he may not even know about.

SPENCER BERRY!!!

I mean who else can do a Mohawk suicide?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

whats a mohawk suicide?

I forgot to mention-

You know, you canā€™t fit just three heros. I have alot more than just the people I have listed, and so do other people. Three is not enough.

Just thought Iā€™d share.