Your Most Frequented Throw Space

My grandparents said the weather was pretty nice this summer in the UK.

I know what you mean though haha

I’d love UK weather. I’m tired of non-stop sun…

I usually just throw in my living room. No special reason other than I can get good natural light coming in so the string is more visible.

Your grandparents live over here eh? Yeh it was actually amazing this year, nicest summer we’ve had in years, I even managed to get a tan. I just couldn’t pass up a “British Weather Sucks” joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually prefer rain to sunny weather anyway, I just hate those in-between days when its just grey and dull.

Yoyoing time. To the toilet! flies away

I usually throw in my backyard. I find that the string and yoyo look so much more vibrant and feel so much newer when I’m outside. I also love getting some fresh air and being out in nature. There’s something about throwing outdoors that just feels right to me.

Yeah, they’re up in St. Andrews. We visit them in the summer like twice every 3 years. The rest of my dad’s family is in the UK too. Kind of a second home.

I have two main spots, one for when I’m throwing alone and one for when i’m throwing with other people.

So when i’m alone I pretty much only throw in my bedroom. I have a nice little set up in there.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/baerinatux/null_zps5a1900ad.png

When i’m throwing with people, we throw in our kitchen. I live in a pretty big house with five other people, all college guys, so we don’t even have a kitchen table. Plenty of space to throw in there. All five of us kendama and two of us throw.

^ Sweet!! I love the throw space photo. Digging the black light too…and carpeted, always a plus. I have hardwood everywhere but the basement, but the ceiling is low down there, so the floor is better for yo-yo…not the rest of it.

My favorite place to throw is my room cause there is a lot of space in the length of my room so i have room to do whatever i want
My second favorite is outside on a nice day at lunch in school

Just curious Gambit. What do you usually call the bathroom there (room with the toilet)…the loo, or the lavatory? I have a friend to visited, and have a friend who lives there…they both said to never ask for the bathroom there. :slight_smile: We call it a bathroom, but you can’t take a bath everywhere you might need to use the toilet. ;D

I’m gonna jump Gambit on this one and say loo.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a British person say lavatory save in historical dramas.

In my bedroom. Totalartist knows that!

My yoyos are there, my stuff is there, my radio is there, my desk and stuff is there etc.

1. I definitely throw indoors for 99% of my throwing time. Essentially, the only time I throw outside, is when I happen to be outside and there is grass to throw over. LOL. Never ever throw on concrete, folks… But actually, I ONLY do offstring outside, which I don’t do very often.

2. I throw mainly in my bedroom, because I have a good area, and that is where my case is. Sometimes I throw in the living room and other places though.

3. LOL, whoops, I basically just answered this in my previous answer.

Nice thread by the way.

I’d be interested to know if kids still living at home are more likely to throw in their bedrooms, and if people that own/rent their own houses/apartments are more likely to throw in the more public spaces of the house/apartment.

In my case, I mostly throw in my living room. It’s bigger than my bedroom and has a rug that I can position myself over in case I bang my yoyo against the floor (that said, I’ve banged my yoyo against the wood floor of the living room plenty of times and it seems to do more damage to the floor than the yoyo). I’ve thrown in the kitchen before, but you know, tile.

I haven’t thrown outdoors much. I’d like to do more of it, but it seems like I tend to throw later at night when I’m doing other things (watching TV, listening to podcasts, etc.).

I love in Florida, and for those of you who have been here, the humidity is way to high to throw outside. The sting sticks to you like no other! It really is bad.

Here are the pics:

that’s a very nice guitar you have there. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it. :wink:

I throw in the living room and my bedroom. Mainly because of open space and stuff.

This one is for you!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good question. I have a house but I’ve only been in it a few years, so I only fully furnished the bedroom, living room, music studio, and kinda the basement (workout area, laundry, sitting area). I have an office that I never bothered to furnish and a “guest room,” that has also been put on the back burner. Strange things is, I could throw in one of the more empty rooms, but I still end up mostly in the bedroom or living room. I think it has a lot more to do with convenience, and me just grabbing the yo-yo and playing where I happen to be standing near a yo-yo. I take all of my photos in the “studio,” where all my music stuff is, but I never play yo-yo in there. The room is a bit smaller, and a lot more stuff to hit…a mic stand a keyboard and so on. So, I have the whole house as a “private area” and still end up in the bedroom mostly :D. I very occasionally throw outside, but not too often.

Planet Earth.

1. Indoors
  2. The open area by the entrance to my house.
  3. It has a lot of space, I’m not in anyones way, and nothing that can easily be broken except a picture frame and a glass door.