Young Entrepreneurs of YoyoExpert!

This happens to me, but in a different way, as my work environment is more fluid, and my boss, and her boss are more approachable and candid with me behind closed doors. Now that I know what happened, here’s what I do, especially knowing your 10 year goal:

I do the work. I do it well. I come off as a team player and a rock star. I don’t complain about having to do it, I jump in and do it with a good attitude and without hesitation.

Becoming the go-to person in your job is the path to success in my experience.

T.A. was caught offline, probably napping. I work odd hours these days, so I’m a little off with getting back to you guys. I figured you were around 13ish. No way you were a little kid answering those business questions like a champ. All of you guys in here are great thinkers. It will take a lifetime for the things people do to make any sense. Figuring people out is a skill all it’s own.

Now, for what happened in Hypo #6

Well, I decided to help Jack out for a few reasons. I feel the same as Abby, prefer to work alone, if you want something done right, you do it yourself. I’m independent about things, and prefer it that way. BUT, I was dealing with two people I didn’t mind, the boss is a good boss, and Jack seems a nice guy so, helping out would be painless. It is the perfect way to throw the boss a curve ball. He knows I prefer to work alone and he may have asked me thinking I’d say a predictable NO. So, I decided to throw him a curve ball. After this, he kinda owes me one, because I’m not being paid to babysit Jack :smiley: I can use it to my advantage later. As Snafu pointed out, the bright man that he is, there was no legal or moral dilemma, and I’m dealing with nice people, and they have not made a habit of it, so I was cool with it.

Now, for some more detail. I had a conversation with the real life version of Mr. Chen several weeks later. Jack is bilingual, so he speaks a few languages fluently. He writes like crap, and writing is key at work, but he is considered an “asset” as a result of being bilingual. He does, in fact, suit a purpose that I do not. Rarely, but it happens. In order to keep Jack out of trouble, they put him where he has to do “less.” He is there if they need him to translate or whatever. On this occasion, it was a fluke that he was assigned some real work, because usually he is assigned where he is not likely to do any heavy lifting. When I talked to Mr. Chen :smiley: we debated the issue. In my opinion, eventually, years down the road there will be no one to cover for Jack. I think if they do not force Jack to do the work, they will set him up for embarrasment later on. Mr. Chen told me that Jack is so bad off that he would have to go back to the ABCs. There is no way he could just take a writing course to brush up on things. So, Jack remains the “classic avoider” and tries to avoid any real work. But, he’s there if we need a translation ;D Nice guy to shoot the breeze with too :smiley:

There is a Jack on most jobs. Sometimes they are not even as useful as Jack. They are just the boss’s nephew or something. Now, in response to Logi’s answer…right on! I have said “no” in a similar instance. The boss was a jerk, and there were legal and moral dilemmas. That was the difference, as Snafu pointed out. Great job to all on that one. No right answer, as there are times to say yes, and times to say no. I have done both.

1 Like

I think in the average job, that works very well. It does not work well in the culture of my profession. When you do other people’s work on my job, you are a sucker. It is a shame, but true. You are not considered more valuable at all, and the more you help out, the bigger the door mat you become. I know it sounds crazy…but it’s deep stuff. If Mr. Chen ever asks me again, he will get an earful :smiley: And the funny thing is, he couldn’t say much, because checking over the work of my peers is not my job, it’s his. He is paid 20% more than me to do it, so I plan to make him do it. 8) That was a while ago though, and he never asked again, so it looks like he got the message anyway.

I’m glad you see what I mean BC. I have a story for you. My last year of high school I was bored. For years, I always looked at the class clown and thought ::slight_smile: they are interrupting the educational process. But, in 12th grade, I turned into the class clown. I had my group of friends, and in our minds, we were the ones who mattered. The difference with me was that I was an honors student back then, and I was able to time the jokes at a “good” time. I knew the precise moment when the teacher was not in the middle of her best stuff and BAM then came the joke. I knew when to stop too. There was a good friend of mine, and we played that game back and forth bouncing jokes off one another. But, the routine had a start and end. He and I are both in the yearbook listed as class clowns. But, there was a clique of haters. Even the teacher loved the jokes, but the group of five haters were how I used to be ::slight_smile: There are times you will turn into what you once hated, and wonder how the heck it happened. I was experiencing the same boredom other kids had years ago. But, my personality and work ethic kept it somewhat in check even at it’s worst. No one is liked by everyone. Those who think everyone likes them, are out of touch with reality. Some people will not like you for any of these reasons…

1. For what you did;
  2. For what you could have done for them, but didn’t;
  3. They want what you have;
  4. They don’t think you deserve what you have;
  5. They know you don’t like them;
  6. You are too popular;
  7. You are too smart.

The list goes on and on. Look at how flattering some of the reasons are, for someone not to like you. People are funny creatures. :slight_smile:

Dang TA you really made me take a step back. I’m sorry for my whiny post in hindsight that post I made was little over the top. I guess my skin is thick to some degree but I’m just saddened at the mass jealousy that goes on in life and on the interwebs.

There will always be hate even if it’s just hating the hate. The one thing I think you really drive home TA is learn to be Wise as those serpents, still harmless as those doves. We have to turn the tables on end and watch the game change because we just locked down the chess game with a 3 move checkmate when our opponent didn’t see it coming.

I wonder if I am seen as a person that is just here to drive my post count? :confused: I just really have no life and enjoy the forums and post a lot, I don’t know everything and heck I’m not to proud to admit when I’m wrong. (Seems to be a regular occurance.).

Also you are right again TA hate isn’t cut on the bias it’s not locked down to a basic flow chart it works its way into every age bracket, social class, & age group.

Again I wanted to congratulate you on a mighty fine win, if I couldn’t have won I wanted you to win and I’m extremely proud of you for the awesome photos you entered, extreme in the creative department 8) .

Abbey your parents are trying to give you every advantage of being a normal non internet taints young person and I respect them for that, life is more then Facebook, vine, Instagram, Twitter, ect. There will come a day when you’re ready to take all that on but for now just enjoy yoyoe and the rest of your adventure in life right now!

BC just take it with a grain if salt and remember if you plan to start a business thread maybe drop your ideas in here we are all about helping you (or any ifyou guys that are working on business ideas and plans ) guys figure out want will work, what won’t work, & how to possibly make it better (sorry to speak for everyone here but I thought it true because you guys are awesome!).

Cheers ti this group as you all here are a breath of fresh air!

:slight_smile: 8) :y:

I knew, and it’s very obvious. At first I was here just to drive up my post count. But now not so much…

Well guys, who cares if you were driving up your post count. :smiley: This whole forum is a game anyway. After all…it is a toy forum, can it be anything else? Do you think my “Thank Yous” are dead even right now by coincidence? I have a little game going in my head, where they have to stay even. It’s cool when the given and received match up.

I look at “Thank Yous,” and the game going in my head right now is this. If you give more than you receive, TotalArtist the psychic says you are a very generous person. If you receive more than you give, you are a selfish son of a… If they are dead even, well what negative can anyone say about that? :smiley:

I’m watching all your “thank yous” now. Too late… I saw them and have you all read like a book. :smiley:

Oh dang I’m in thank yous trouble hehehehe

No, it means you are extremely generous…the nicest guy around. :slight_smile:

No way I’m just trying to live the golden rule out.

And the thank you button I very underrated in my opinion.

But you’re very right a toy forum should be played like a game :).

If I was a psychic who used the “thank yous” method, I would be dead on about you Snafu. Everyone is busted!! Haha. Yours was an accurate reading. :wink:

I’m always on my IPod so I don’t thank people, but you know when you deserve it xD…

I like kitty string *meow<<

is that why your Bcmaddkitty now?

I have more given than received :smiley:

is a kitty hacker!

Here is my offer of free service for your guys that are looking for start up businesses. I am looking for something to put my hands to that is useful I will assemble, cold call, or otherwise offer my assistance in anyway that I can. Here is the deal I am not looking for money or fame ( well famous Daves sounds good hehe ), I’m looking to do some work to help you get going and to help get some clients for you.

We might trade or something but it’ll be fair, put me to use!

TotalArtist the psychic noticed that you are quite a generous soul. But, I already knew that…seriously, before I applied the “thank yous” method. ;D

1 Like

I have the stuff for BC, the paracord and buckles. I’ll snap a photo in a bit and post for you. It will be a cell phone pic. I’ll get the stuff in the mail to him tomorrow.

I figure, if anyone is at a contest wearing the YYE themed bracelet, everyone will know they are a forum member. Then, they can just say, “what’s your name on the forum?” It will be a cool way to identify forum people at contests and stuff. That might be a great marketing angle for him to use. What do you guys think a good price would be for them?

Stay tuned…

1 Like

Hmmm…the mad kitty appeared once before, I recall. So tell us, what brings the cat out BC?

I think you should have the YYE bracelets with the forum named engraved on a piece of metal! Then you wouldn’t have to ask! But that’d have to be done over YYE, not sold at the contest. As for the bracelets price, in the ballpark of $15 is what I’d suggest. But whatever you’d like, that’s just my idea :slight_smile: