Yo-yo unit and storage

Quite a few threads out there about storage.

But does anyone have a straight up “unit” where they store their string, lube, bearings and throws?

I’m trying to set something up in my room, maybe something from IKEA or the like- but wanted to do a little more flair than an few drawers with everything thrown in.

Does anyone have a unique storage area they use?

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to use Apothacary drawers for storing stuff, but I feel like too many drawers would become a hassle to look for stuff lol.

Have you thought about like a clear case or something of the sorts to display as well as organize?

It would be nice if there was something like this but yoyo sized

4 Likes

Ive thought about buying a tool cart. Walmart has some for $100

3 Likes

I think I’ve seen Doc Pop and a few others mention this:

It’s not great, but it’ll hold a lot. I’ve got one, but I end up with about 50 yoyos on my kitchen counter because I’m lazy enough to not want to go open a drawer.

5 Likes

Good idea

I ALMOST picked one of those up last weekend and held off and a few of my friends said I should have gotten it. I think you just sold me

1 Like

I use these:
Sterilite 3 Drawer Mini Desktop Unit, Clear w/White Frame

I have three sitting on a book case.

4 Likes

I should get one of these for my teas instead of stuffing them all in a plastic tote.

1 Like

Thanks- I like this because it takes up less space!!!

I used to use a small tackle box for string and parts and tools snd junk but I’ve expanded to a hobby organizer my wife used to use sewing stuff. Which gave me my tackle box back for fishing instead of tossing everything loose in an old tool box (it was winter I wasn’t exactly fishing anyway)
My wife got a rolling thing for her stuff…
Sadly I’ve got too many yo-yos so I still have a bunch of odd storage for em all. That not including a few other boxes and a briefcase full of yoyo boxes bags or gloves, snd other apparel and junk.

5 Likes

Ended up just going for it.

They fit great- but the only thing I need to figure out is they are slip sliding around inside.

Does anyone know where to get foam to fit or any other ideas?

4 Likes

I found dis stuff don’t know the dimensions of your boxes doe so you may want to look around more.

2 Likes

Oh cool thanks!!!

1 Like

OR save just a tiny bit more money and just buy an entire bed sized piece of foam and just cut it.

NVM memory foam bad idea!

2 Likes

DIY idea just use the socks that got no matches

5 Likes

Tool Box Drawer Liner - Anti Slip

4 Likes

I like this solution, much more inexpensive.

I was thinking about getting one of those drawer lines grandmas always have in their kitchen drawers that are plastic and a little “tacky”

But idk if the tackiness with rub off on the yo-yos or if it’s just cause it’s plastic.

You think the rust thing is a must have?

1 Like

I dont think it matters. The one I linked was what came to mind.

I think the Grandma one is similiar.

3 Likes

Those are nice. Where did you get them?