Yo-Yo Camp?

If you belong to a yoyo club you can attend EVERY week of the YEAR. WOWEEEE.
Whole week huh? Lets see here. Decent hotel is $80+ per night. Then 5 days worth of meals, Lets say $30 per day. That’s $550 on the conservative side for a week of learning. And it’s doubtful you would be yoyoing all day long so you would have expenses beyond that. Then there’s travel expense if you live far away. I’ll pass and go to a competition and buy 10 new yoyos.

On the surface this sounds like a fun idea but a lot would go into it to make it not fun. I think competitions and yoyo clubs are the way to go.

Just wanting to see if its even possible, I know it is possible but it would be a challenge. What sponsors would you guys want the camp to have?

don’t be a downer and who said it had to be at a hotel? It could always be at a campground!

All the major ones,and the ones listed on here

One Drop, CLYW, Crucial, YYF, MYY (if not too widely controversial), spyy, and most of the others on here in the shop section. At the end of camp they could hold a yoyo contest where you can use ONLY the tricks you learned during the duration of camp, and the winners should get EPIC prizes. Just my thought, though…

YYJ!^

Why do you want to have everything big, with tons of sponsors, contest and epic prizes? Why don’t just organize something more friendly, not so competitive , just to meet other yoyoers from different states and have some fun. Like Czech camp I mentioned on first page or European yoyo meetings.

1 Like

yeah it would be really fun and friendly, too. I don’t generally see a lot of hate towards one another at contests, though… Even with the different competitors…

haha yeah. And YYE of course!

because if it wasn’t big, not many pros would attend. Sponsors, to help set up, tell they’re players to attend. If it was some random camp, it wouldn’t be in a big campground.

Who said it had to be big? I wouldn’t want it huge otherwise it would be way to hard to keep track of names. Plus you have to feed a ton more mouths!

Ok to clear things up: I never said it had to be big, but now my words are being interpreted that way. Just because it should be sponsored doesn’t mean it should be huge!

Conselors and cabins…that’s all I’m saying

that’s what I’m thinking.

I agree

ulmer, you got the right idea I am just hoping right now people got a similar idea. So all I’m saying is no hotels otherwise it’s no fun!

and yoyo players. Don’t forget yoyo players ::slight_smile:

Yea!

I think the idea of a gathering where the emphasis is on sharing and learning techniques and tricks rather than competition is an interesting one although a larger organizational undertaking than seems to be generally assumed thus far in the conversation. Working through the logistics of venue, housing and meals will require a great deal of coordination, administration and expense. Regional events rather than a national one would possibly be more doable.

I really do believe there is good and viable idea bouncing around here with the correct management and sponsorships.

Of course I could never attend such an event myself as it has already been established that old guys nostalgically reminiscent of yo-yoing in their day are potential “creepers”. Thanks so much Abby for propagating that stereo-type.

:wink:

I don’t think old people would be a problem, we’d have age group bunks with cabin leaders (aka professional yoyo player under 30) and the elders would have separate cabins.