Yo anybody play Magic?

I’m a magic player and I’m feeling kind of bored so I thought I’d ask around and see if anyone else here played, if so what’s your favourite deck. I mainly play commander and my favourite commander deck right now is built around “Tatyova Benthic Druid” image

4 Likes

Yup! Sure do. I just started commander but I’m big into modern. My current build is an Eldrazi Tron deck. Emphasis on the three titans.

2 Likes

Nice! I hate those things but at the same time I have so much respect for them.

1 Like

I’m on and off with paper magic…I jump into it pretty deep every 5 or so years.
But I have played casually online throughout.

My favorite all time deck is Jon Finkle’s Tinker deck. I remember reading an article about it in a magazine and being obsessed with it! I printed out proxies of all the cards and everything.
I finally got around to building it…and I sucked with it! lmao. I really had no idea wtf I was doing! >.<’ I was pretty new to the game at that point.

Man…I’m so sad that I sold the cards off! I had NO idea back then that the cards would ever skyrocket in price like they did! I even had a foil metalworker. /sigh

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jon-finkels-tinker/

3 Likes

Oh yeah. The market has become CRAZY. I remember being mad I paid 5 bucks for a card. Now it’s 25 and climbing.

2 Likes

I think the anger they cause people is why I use them haha.

1 Like

i play! i have nice burn deck that i really love i play with my older brothers
Edit:
Seal of Fire is a card in my burn deck which is extremely useful!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjiysWr-JnmAhWi1FkKHYUlAtEQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscryfall.com%2Fcard%2Fdis%2F71%2Fseal-of-fire&psig=AOvVaw3c7SaH1W5fRPzHlra-uTnE&ust=1575478346766882

2 Likes

You are evil

2 Likes

I prefer to think that my motives, like those of the Eldrazi, are unknown. But yeah the frustration they cause on the field does make me happy.

1 Like

I play about every 10 years when everything has changed drastically. My brother got me into it as a little kid during the Alpha set and stupidest thing we ever did was give away a lot of Alpha, Beta, and Arabian Nights cards. Most recent deck was a sliver setup, because Slivers rule and are a blast to play. I tend to play unrestricted games. I hate stupid nerfing rules outside of competition. I figure, if you own it, it’s fair game…like my four Dark Rituals ^_^.

2 Likes

Me and my wife play. Not often, but we like to play EDH mostly.

1 Like

Magic is the best game ever. I played a ton of modern in my day. And I’m interested to play Pioneer and Historic.

I play standard off and on with Arena. But less and less as time goes on.

1 Like

It’s been a long time, but I still have a wee collection.

3 Likes

I want to know every card in every box! Those are the best. Looking through an old box of cards and pulling out these awesome cards you’d forgotten about.

2 Likes

I wish it was a more exciting collection, but I never traded much and I didn’t buy a lot of singles or anything. I caught the tail end of unlimited, and most of it’s revised, plus some of that era’s expansion sets. I’ve got enough llanowar elves to make a deck of just them, and enough lightning bolts to build another deck to kill them all.

2 Likes

Anyone play Keyforge? I’ve given MtG up for good. I hate the meta for most formats, and I think most tcgs have been ruined by net decking and turned into Rock Paper Scissors.

Keyforge is made by Richard Garfield who created Magic, Netrunner and many others. I used to be into Netrunner but the lead designer ruined the game. Keyforge utilizes unique decks where every printed deck is individual and there’s no deck building.

I highly recommend it. Nobody plays near me.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I feel about mtg Arena (standard) atm.

I want to jump into keyforge so bad…don’t have anyone interested in jumping in with me atm though :(.

I’ve heard of it and I’ve thought about it, but the compromise for me was commander as it’s a multiplayer format and a lot more casual.

1 Like

lol me and another guy almost killed Commander at my nearest shop because we were bringing some pretty cut throat decks.
In our defense, the games we were playing were games we had to pay to play and there was prizes for winning.

1 Like

I used to be a casual online player but have not played in a few years. Bought a bunch of cards but could not get any of my local friends interested. Not much options for playing in a small rural town.

2 Likes