Yo anybody play Magic?

I’m a magic player and I’m feeling kind of bored so I thought I’d ask around and see if anyone else here played, if so what’s your favourite deck. I mainly play commander and my favourite commander deck right now is built around “Tatyova Benthic Druid” image

4 Likes

Yup! Sure do. I just started commander but I’m big into modern. My current build is an Eldrazi Tron deck. Emphasis on the three titans.

2 Likes

Nice! I hate those things but at the same time I have so much respect for them.

1 Like

I’m on and off with paper magic…I jump into it pretty deep every 5 or so years.
But I have played casually online throughout.

My favorite all time deck is Jon Finkle’s Tinker deck. I remember reading an article about it in a magazine and being obsessed with it! I printed out proxies of all the cards and everything.
I finally got around to building it…and I sucked with it! lmao. I really had no idea wtf I was doing! >.<’ I was pretty new to the game at that point.

Man…I’m so sad that I sold the cards off! I had NO idea back then that the cards would ever skyrocket in price like they did! I even had a foil metalworker. /sigh

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jon-finkels-tinker/

3 Likes

Oh yeah. The market has become CRAZY. I remember being mad I paid 5 bucks for a card. Now it’s 25 and climbing.

2 Likes

I think the anger they cause people is why I use them haha.

1 Like

i play! i have nice burn deck that i really love i play with my older brothers
Edit:
Seal of Fire is a card in my burn deck which is extremely useful!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjiysWr-JnmAhWi1FkKHYUlAtEQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscryfall.com%2Fcard%2Fdis%2F71%2Fseal-of-fire&psig=AOvVaw3c7SaH1W5fRPzHlra-uTnE&ust=1575478346766882

2 Likes

You are evil

2 Likes

I prefer to think that my motives, like those of the Eldrazi, are unknown. But yeah the frustration they cause on the field does make me happy.

1 Like

I play about every 10 years when everything has changed drastically. My brother got me into it as a little kid during the Alpha set and stupidest thing we ever did was give away a lot of Alpha, Beta, and Arabian Nights cards. Most recent deck was a sliver setup, because Slivers rule and are a blast to play. I tend to play unrestricted games. I hate stupid nerfing rules outside of competition. I figure, if you own it, it’s fair game…like my four Dark Rituals ^_^.

2 Likes

Me and my wife play. Not often, but we like to play EDH mostly.

1 Like

Magic is the best game ever. I played a ton of modern in my day. And I’m interested to play Pioneer and Historic.

I play standard off and on with Arena. But less and less as time goes on.

1 Like

It’s been a long time, but I still have a wee collection.

2 Likes

I want to know every card in every box! Those are the best. Looking through an old box of cards and pulling out these awesome cards you’d forgotten about.

2 Likes

I wish it was a more exciting collection, but I never traded much and I didn’t buy a lot of singles or anything. I caught the tail end of unlimited, and most of it’s revised, plus some of that era’s expansion sets. I’ve got enough llanowar elves to make a deck of just them, and enough lightning bolts to build another deck to kill them all.

2 Likes