Yo anybody play Magic?

I hate commander and multiplayer formats in general.

1 Like

Big MTG player here. 90% commander, and I have a brawl deck (Don’t like any rotating format) because the shop I frequent actually has a Brawl community, while the commander community is dwindling.

We are itching into cedh a little bit, because a few of us have decks almost or about that level, and it’s fun to know you can take the kid gloves off and go ham.

1 Like

I don’t enjoy casual magic. I’m too focused when I’m playing, and though I don’t mean to be this way…I have a hard time just ‘relaxing’ and having fun.
I’m too uptight :(.
I love competitive play though.

I stopped playing commander at my local because most of the people there just wanted to have fun.
I’m too ruthless /sigh :frowning:

There was a younger guy who brought an Elf commander deck and he played a card that turned all of his lands into 1/1 elves.

…I’m the jerk who played Wrath Of God.

2 Likes

That is one of the nice things about where I play. About half the commander players either; love to collect and harvest the salt from the tears of their enemies, are assholes and love to be assholes, or simply don’t care about your feelings. Now that sounds like a hostile play environment, but it really isn’t. Because all of those aforementioned players simply want to play, and are more than willing to tone down their play/decks to get other people in pods. But when it’s just us? yes, I think I will turn 1 destroy your turn 1 sol ring. It’s even better when there is a mix of us higher power players and like 1 new/casual player. We will be sending all the hate at each other and leave the casual player alone. Sometimes it even leads a power 4 deck to win against power 7-8.

There are two things I keep saying when playing; “Don’t apologize, you aren’t sorry” (because players aren’t ever sorry), and “There is no bottom to the level of depravity we will dig to”

1 Like

1 Like

I’m the super asshole who runs Mycosynth Lattice and new Karn. “Those are pretty artifacts that you can’t tap for mana”

or the Solemnity and decreee of silence combo. All spells opponents cast get countered.

2 Likes

haha fun times :smiley:

lol I once had a super dorky super casual extended deck…it actually held it’s own crazy as it sounds on MTGO…
It didn’t use lattice…it was actually a Soulscour deck. I’d usually be able to pop the scour around turn 5…and it’d almost always wipe my opponent’s entire board lol. Super good times.
The fun bit was after the scour though. When I’d drop a Memnarch and would turn their lands into artifacts so I could steal them.

lol again…it was super casual, but super mean and super enjoyable!

Ho man. That’s pretty awesome. So I’ll let you in on a little secret if hypothietically we ever face off across the mtg table (I don’t mtgo or arena). My favorite win condition is submission. I want you to scoop and quit (ideally because you get to a state where you literally can’t do anything).

However, because I care slightly about being able to play with other people, only two of my edh decks are that way, one of which being Memnarch.

I’ve made (and slowly taken apart) a bunch of janky oppression.

Burning Sands + Nature’s Revolt, with the additional cards of Dingus Egg and Dingus Staff. Then it gets broken with all the "When a creature you control dies, every opponent sacrifices a creature.

But, probably my favorite jank deck involved stuffy doll. See, I hate stuffy doll. So I built a 60 card deck where I loved stuffy doll. So I cast stuffy doll and target myself. Then I have Darien, King of Kjeldor on the battlefield as well. Then I enchant stuffy doll with Druid’s Call. Then fill the battlefield with "when a creature enters the battlefield, gain 1 life.

1 Like