Yeti Color

That’s awesome! Too bad it’s going to be auctioned off, I’m sure it’s going to go for AT LEAST double the normal price. CLYW collectors these days…

I think the transitional looks like someone spilled paint on it but the other one looks like pastels. I like them.

…for me it’s the total opposite – I feel translucent plastic is generally associated with cheap plastic throws that are widely available. What Chris has done is completely original and just looks super classy.

2 Likes

I would agree with Interzone, completely.

I think it kinda boils down to ‘Artform’ tastes and visual perception of color values, tonal ranges, converging of colors/color shades resulting in various marbling, stipples, gradients or fades, etc.

Many years ago, Superyo sold a couple Transitional Renegades. They normally made no effort to sell them. They just sold ‘solid’ colors.

They decided to sell the Trans Renegades they had collected from color changings and BAMN, they were gone, lol.

Now I can’t prove it, but all of a sudden, they started deliberately amping up the color changes so they would end up with a whole Batch of Transitional Renegades. A few of the color blends looked pretty puke-like, haha.

But most of them were Amazing and they sold a lot of them… I am sure Steve Brown remembers.

They were sure different back then. And these Yeti colorways are sure different ‘now’.
I have not touched a Yeti, but I have no doubt it is a ‘Player’. Chris has gone to too much time and expense to release a Lemon. Especially releasing the Yeti on the tails of the Rally release.

Chris is a pretty good player for anybody that maybe never noticed. He knows yoyos. And considering how well the Rally came out, Chris would literally have to be a Monkeys Uncle to sell his first plastic yoyo if it was just a Paperweight.

Now, I don’t know if Chris is somebodys’ Uncle. But I know for sure, he is no Monkey.

I really love that most interestingly different coloring on the Yeti yoyos.

I don’t paint or color yoyos, but I spent over 20+ years, Painting: Race cars, custom Harley’s, Speedboats, you name it. So you can say that I have ‘Seen a whole lotta Color’.

I think a really good playing yoyo in a slick looking color effect, is gonna be a solid hit for CLYW.

I’ll take two.

2 Likes

^^^ basically that.

I’m really digging the blue, silver, and purple colors. I’m guessing they’re going to look killer in person.

I’m not a huge fan of most of the colors, some are okay. However, that yellow/gray one looks like someone puked on it.

I dig the purple one but most of the others are hideous.

I’m getting black. These colored ones are meh-ish. Maybe a red one or that white one.

I like the purple too, but the blue isn’t THAT bad.

Out of them all, I’m liking the silver, purple, and blue.

For the most part, I agree. I tend to hold CLYW up to a higher level of visual appeal, because they tend to meet those expectations, but I was a little surprised (and disappointed) with some of these colors.

I’m not saying they’re all bad - there are certainly some that look great, and I’m sure there will be others that look just as good if not better. Trial and error’s pretty much the only way we’ll be able to tell, but some of these colors didn’t really resonate the class and sophistication most other CLYW’s do.

This is completely understandable, however, as the Yeti is completely different from any other plastic in its construction, so the dyeing process is a little different.

I’m sure in the future Chris will be able to satisfy those who aren’t presently content with the colors. From all that I’ve heard about this yoyo, the way it plays will most likely be enough to convince most people to grab one in any color they can.

I like the white one but I will be trying to get a black one when they drop.

I think these look super-classy. I’m much more excited about these than the black.

Anybody who wants to do a swapped-halves when they drop, let me know and we can see if YYE staff can arrange it for us at the source. :wink:

Maybe we can work something out Greg! I’d really dig a Purple/Yellow one, or even Blue/Purple.

To add to this, if anyone would like to swap a white/silver half for a black half, I’d be down.

I genuinely liked the yo-yo colors when I saw the post on Instagram. But, I did not like the idea of putting that blue center logo thing on all of them. That color blue does not match well with all the yo-yo colors. It looks good with the grey/white, blue and purple. But, that color blue with that shade of green and brown on the yo-yo was not a good look, in my opinion.

But, having said that, I see this as no different than all yo-yo colors made by any company…some you may like, some you don’t. My hope is always that there is enough variety that I can find something I like. I see a few that I like, so I’m cool with it. If I had to buy any colors I’ve seen so far, I’d go for the white looking one, or the all blue. I do not like the look of the yellow one because again…the blue does not seem to go well with it.

I’m just glad there is variety here.

I’m curious, what exactly do you find classy about these? Black is probably the most classy color you can get, and I think most people would agree. What do you find “classy” about pastel colors?

I’m not trying to down you or anything, I’m just extremely curious about your choice of words.

I suppose I could agree if you’re talking about the marbleized look. It’s much more apparent on the non-black versions. It’s just when I think class the first color that comes to mind is black.

I dunno. Chalk it up to bad word choice or something. I like cheap thrills as much as I like “classy” throws, so there was nothing really meant to be implied.

I don’t like the look of the black, I like the look of these. Even though I’m fine for cheap thrills (Proyo for the win! In bright orange!) I didn’t like the general sense the black left me with. These left me with a better feeling about them.

Anyhow, like I said… call it a bad word choice if you want. Doesn’t matter to me.

So that blue hub isn’t just a sticker?

Yes it is a sticker. A 3M style sticker…

I had the chance to play Chris’ purple one today at Worlds and I have to say it was lovely!!! I was and am VERY impressed with this yoyo…