Yes, there will be another Top Deck run from One Drop

Top deck is already 7075

8 Likes

Good point!

2 Likes

7068 is stronger than 7075 iirc so it could be “mini-boosted”. I don’t think One Drop has made a 7068 yo-yo before though.

2 Likes

Is there even a US vendor of 7068 w/ certs? This is the only forum i hear about this material…

2 Likes

Someone talking about a rebirth.

Someone commenting on a random post.

Another post.

And yea… people ask.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up… I’ve been waiting for a Kuntosh 5kqv or Kuntosh drop since 2019/2018. I could’ve kept taking screen shots to go further back in the years but you guys get the picture. The fans and customers ask, OD just doesn’t deliver.

4 Likes

Every yoyo company has its metrics for deciding which past models are worth investing in a re-run. For some, maybe only ten or twenty requests is enough for them to do it. For others, it would take an estimated demand in the hundreds to put it on any near-term schedule. And unless you’re running One Drop’s business, you can’t possibly know what is or isn’t a good business decision for them.

It seems rather self-evident to me that if One Drop thought there was sufficient demand and ROI for another Top Deck or Kuntosh run, they would do it. The fact that they haven’t, and haven’t even hinted that they might, is a pretty clear indicator that the demand is simply not there.

4 Likes

One Drop : What’s that?
Customers: more 7075 Kuntosh or Top Decks please!

One Drop : More green Terrarians and Intros?! No problem. Start the machines boys!!!

10 Likes

Made this meme awhile back lmao

16 Likes

Another one

16 Likes

15 Likes

LMAO I’ve been laughing at this for a solid min :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I don’t know man. I never really saw people ask for the Downbeat 2020 or the T1 2020. Halifax probably stayed available the longest in my opinion.

Don’t get me wrong. I love one drop. I have piles of them including above. The new T1 is great, but even yoyofactory looks at pricing trends and when something is too hot (expensive) they pop one out both to get money out of it but also drive prices down. Like the Matt Damon of autographs. Just keep putting them out there and it stabilizes the market.

Instead we saw how many releases of Fat Tire (again love it… But I have four… that’s how I ride), deep states, deeper states, panorama, diorama. Legendary Terrarian, Terrarian, multiple re-releases of poor Saturday Market anos for 1.5 years (better now, I know!), Aitch, Kraken, Terrarian… … Lunar eclipse…

I think if the goal was to sell 200-300 they could move that many easily as how many of us here have multiple Dunk Rebounds?

Anywho. We love you, One Drop. Why do you have to hurt us like this…?

Given market has cooled right now, they’d probably be even more risk averse to do it at the moment if that truly was the reason. If they ran their own Kickstarter from their own site where they only did a run if they met the #… Sure. Let’s Lego ideas this b. I’m game.

11 Likes

You can speculate all you want, and I understand the impulse to do a bit of armchair quarterbacking here, but nobody outside of One Drop is in a position to know how best to run their business. There is most likely a perfectly sound business reason behind all their yoyo manufacturing decisions, even if it isn’t clear to anyone else but them.

2 Likes

Both Terrarian types and the Fat Tires have been sitting at YYE for a while now. I’m not sure if these are super sellers now or not. OD does seem to sell out sooner or later. It might just be that they make what they feel like. If you can sell everything that you make it seems like it just maker’s choice.

6 Likes

6rpf4f

6 Likes

What puzzles me is that the Top Deck is such an amazing performer and yet nobody competes with it. If Gentry can win Nationals with a Replay Pro, then surely there are many top players who could win a national or regional contest with a Top Deck. And yet this incredible yoyo seems to be largely dismissed and forgotten today. Such a pity.

I have Top Decks in all my favorite colors, but would dearly love a titanium version. Same shape. Same specs. Just tweaked ever-so-slightly to account for the difference in materials.

8 Likes

If people were willing to buy MCMO for the unholy price of $135+… And Beaters for $100+… They’d be willing to pay a little bit extra for a re-release for Top TiER … Ahhh!!! That’d be a great Ti name for Top Deck. But I mean re-release of Top Deck.

But finishing point… The money is there. It all comes down to One Drop.

4 Likes

And we know they could neeeeeevvveeeeer just take some measurements and make a new CAD file. That could end up costing millions of dollars. Only one or two people on the planet know how to use CAD to design a yoyo! Terrarian and Fat Tire are not even THAT special… I’m glad I own 4 Top Decks…

3 Likes

To be fair, the MCMO has the benefit of being the signature throw of a beloved community player, whereas the Top Deck does not. Plus, the MCMO has quite a bit of organic-ness to it, and organic is “in” these days, so it attracts the retro-hipsters in significant numbers. Nevertheless, if I’m not mistaken, the MCMO gets made when Mark decides to do runs, not One Drop. They are merely his vendor. They don’t decide to run them. He does. Am I wrong about that?

Can’t track sales data for a yoyo you don’t ever release tho :joy:

The demand is there. THREE YEARS worth of pent up demand. :man_shrugging:

And you don’t have to look too hard to find it.

2 Likes