One Drop throws

So I never had the opportunity to throw a one drop yoyo, and I’m interested in those 5 in particular. I’m a casual thrower anyways so the competitive attributes won’t make any a difference in my throws. Just wanna hear your opinions ! ( note: before anyone mention the Kuntosh or QV, it’s not available in the YYE store and sorry won’t buy from any individual for personal reasons so don’t bother mention them or offers).

1- Dang 2

2- Top Deck

3- Virtuoso

4- Sugar Glider/Eclipse ( Maybe ? )

4 Likes

Love the Sugar Glider. Haven’t tried the others. I might have done a review of the SG over on YouTube :wink:

2 Likes

Funny thing I just watched ur video before posting this :smiley:

2 Likes

I absolutely love One Drop yoyos. I don’t love them all, mind you, but overall no other brand makes as many yoyos that I adore as One Drop does.

Now, I don’t have a Sugar Glider, but I do have the other three. In terms of how much I like them, I would put them in this order: Top Deck, Virtuoso, Dang 2.

I should make it clear, though, that I favor high-performance “competition” yoyos over low-performance “casual” yoyos, and the order I put them in shows that. I just like yoyos that spin a long time and are very stable. I’m not at a level where I want to be throwing it off axis on purpose, so yoyos with an even weight distribution and/or high walls tend not to come out of their cases very often.

The Top Deck is a freak of nature, IMO. It is a comfortable, almost organic-shaped yoyo with competition level performance. It is unbelievable how powerful it is despite being so rounded and easy in the hand.

The Virtuoso is not as high-performance, but it still is stable and long-spinning and I like it a lot.

The Dang 2 feels pretty mediocre to me. There’s not a whole lot about it that stands out to me. It is good, as all One Drops tend to be, but not exceptional in any way. It will be the first one I sell when the time comes to make room for a new One Drop in the collection case.

8 Likes

That helps a lot thanks !

1 Like

You really can’t go wrong with any one drops… they really care about what they put out and everything is made in shop. I would say look for a shape you like either organic (which they excel at) or a more competitive shape!

Can’t go wrong :slight_smile: I love one drop- there’s a reason everyone talks about them

3 Likes

Thanks for watching! I will echo what @bpelletier said… Odds are pretty good you will be happy with whatever OD you buy.

2 Likes

I know its not in your list but One Drop posted to IG to say that the Terrarian will be re-stocked at YYE in a few weeks if you’re willing to wait.

I assume you just made your list based on what’s currently in stock at YYE, but thought this might be useful info.

5 Likes

1-Dang2 -It’s not really a stand out for me, but it is surprisingly powerful for the shape and I do enjoy it when it gets into the rotation. Dang1 on the other hand is one my favorite ODs.

2-Top Deck -One of the greatest YoYos ever made. Should be one in every throwers collection. The power and stability for the organic shape is next level.

3- Virtuoso -Elegant and Fun. Does everything very well. I pick this one up on the regular. If you want to kinda know what the titanium Citizen plays like for a fraction of the cost this is where it’s at.

4- Sugar Glider -Very unique feel in the hand and on the string. Projection profile cuts are fun for grinds too.

5- Eclipse -Has a bit denser feel. Stable and long spinning. Stand out feature is the unusual cup which feels different on a fingerspin. Still not one of my favorite ODs though.

PS. If you value fingerspins and grinds generally the solid colors are a bit better than the splashes and so far clear is the best imo.

7 Likes

Top Deck is a yoyo you will never regret buying and will want to hold onto. To me, it is the most perfect yoyo I own. It’s extremely comfortable, fast, and behaves like a best friend.

4 Likes

Top Deck IMO. It’s a legend for a reason. Plays superbly, feels great in the hand. Drop a centering bearing into it and mmm mmm good.

Dang 2 is fine. I’m very fond of mine but I always end up reaching for something else. Couldn’t tell you why.

Sugar Glider really didn’t mesh with me though neither did the Cascade which I believe shares much DNA with the SFG.

4 Likes

it seems like the top deck gets so much love gonna go with that.
What bearing do you recommend getting if I didn’t like the flat? I was getting a CLWY or the DS bearing.

3 Likes

I have played a Top Deck with the flat stock bearing and it’s a really nice feel. I have no idea what centering bearing I ended up putting in. You will LOVE your Top Deck and I am excited to hear your thoughts about it a week after you get it.

2 Likes

Will definitely tell you my opinion ! Thanks man

1 Like

I like to put Boss Rage bearings in all of my One Drops. They transform every One Drop from an uncontrollable source of frustration into a spinning rocket of pure joy.

Having said that, the One Drop 10-ball flat bearings are exceptional bearings performance-wise. In fact, I’m almost convinced that you can really only get maximum spin/power with them installed. But they are flat and I can’t use them. Yet.

3 Likes

Of that list I only have the Sugar Glider, so have nothing to contribute. It’s my favorite (and I also like my OG Terraria and Deep State). I have some cheap concave in my Sugar Glider, and I think I like it better than the flat, but I’m not good enough to tell much.

1 Like

Put whatever centering bearing you happen to have that spins good IMO. But if you’re buying new I’d recommend G2 Boss Rage or Mazal Tops ceramic bearings. Unfortunately neither are carried here.

Top deck is very good… but no mention of the REV1???

1 Like

Did you read the OP’s first post?

The Rev.1 isn’t available here (or anywhere, for that matter). OP doesn’t want to buy off of a BST.

2 Likes

I actually reversed my previous position and prefer the Top Deck to the Rev 1. I didn’t like the direction where they were gonna with the Rev 2 either. For that general shape, the Top Deck is where it’s at. I regret selling mine—though at the time it was still the right decision.

I still need to try a Virtuoso one of these days. When I can expand my collection I am getting a new Top Deck and a Virtuoso.

2 Likes