One Drop throws

Nope guess I didn’t read it all the way. Reading > Me

2 Likes

Quick note, I’m actually buying other stuff ( strings, pads, axles and bearings) for other yoyo’s that I have, so the fact I’m buying a specific bearing for a top deck that costs already 84 dollars and i won’t use the flat one cuz I remember my old yoyo jam hitman X had a YYJ flat speed bearing is kindaaa bothering me not gonna lie, I’m not that special thrower I’m actually considering myself pretty bad lol.
That being said, i actually don’t wanna spend on extras and extras is it really worth it to just throw a 7078 aluminum OD Top Deck? I know it’s a one drop and i opened this topic but I’m not 100% convinced there, I wanted to buy a straight up yoyo the fact that im buying bearing for this specific yoyo and not using the original one is the bothering point here (+ the price )

Also keep in mind that I live overseas so im paying for custom duties aswell, not trying to break my pocket here :smiley: but thanks all for ur concerns.

A Boss Rage bearing–or one similar to it–costs about the same as a pack of strings, but lasts a lot longer. It is worth it, IMO, to take a yoyo and set it up with what will make it great (for you), even if it costs a little more to do so.

2 Likes

if you haven’t bought anything yet i recommend the one drop intro- its on there website in a bunch of different colors at 44$, id say its an incredible organic throw!

5 Likes

Unfortunately that’s always gonna be a thing with every One Drop as they only ever ship with flat bearings. I get you—it’s basically a $5+ surcharge over the throw price if you don’t have any on hand.

That said, I would try it with the stock flat bearing. It’s really not too bad and some people prefer the flat bearing.

5 Likes

I really like most ODs with the flat bearing.

I think it’s nice to have extras of stuff, though. Even if you end up liking the flat bearing, trust me, at some point it will be handy to have the centering one for something else. Conversely, you might end up liking the flat bearing in something else.

It could even be that a bearing gets gunked up, and you want to play your yoyo without having to stop and clean your bearing. Having an extra, let’s you just swap and keep playing. Then you can clean later…

4 Likes

I killed a one drop bearing yesterday on my intro. I have played it to death and enjoyed the brief responsive play time :crazy_face::+1:
Luckily I had spares of 10bfb around.
I’m a bit weird. I try to keep my yo-yo as close to factory setup as possible.
I imagine when I try an alternative bearing it will be a Matrix spoon (mind) bending experience.

I am so into my One Drops, ( stock and bst depending) I’d go for a top deck next from you guys reviews here. Ty

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m buying it today

1 Like