Returning to throwing - what yoyo?

Hi all! I haven’t yoyod in about 6 years so I dont really know what the best throws are anymore. I want to buy whatever the best 1a yoyo on the market is right now for under 100$. I want something super smooth and stable with great sleep time. I remember not liking super large yoyos. Not superwide or anything but def nothing too narrow. I want something comfortable. I used to LOVE the clyw puffin.

Please let me know what yall recommend!

1 Like

Do you prefer monometals over bi-metals?

2 Likes

yes!

3 Likes

Well, if you’re looking for top performance in a monometal, then I don’t think you can beat either of these in the $80-100 range:

• One Drop VTWO
  • One Drop Top Deck

Both of these have the virtue of being available, new, without having to resort to a BST.

3 Likes

Just about anything from $40 up will be pretty amazing compared to what that would buy 4-5 years ago. I would go to the “shop” page, select the “$35-$55” and “$55-$85” ranges and see what looks interesting.

4 Likes

I agree with @zslane

Both the Top Deck and the VTWO are magnificent mono metals.

Maybe try the Top Deck first if you want my recommendation

2 Likes

Yeah, the VTWO is my overall favorite yoyo, but the Top Deck is right behind it. I mean, honestly, the Top Deck is a freak of nature; a monometal that performs like a bi-metal.

2 Likes

Top Deck is pretty awesome. Don’t overlook the Sugar Glider or Kuntosh either.

2 Likes

for what, competition? relaxation? cause the answer will be different depending on what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

You’d have to find it on the forums but I think you’d like the SK as it’s fairly narrow by today’s standards but it’s probably a feel you’d be used to and find comfortable. It’s much more stable than anything you played back then though. I have the VTWO and the Kuntosh 5000QV too and if I had to choose between those two I’d go with the VTWO personally.

2 Likes

The top deck looks dope, def might pick that up. Hows the sugar glider? I like the smaller size… and the price point…

2 Likes