What is your favorite throw that is discontinued?

I own a yoyofactory Marco. I found out that it was discontinued after Polo left yoyofactory. I just ordered a YYJ theory from eBay, and I also own an A-rt grail. So tell me what is your favorite discontinued Yoyo?

4 Likes

For me it’s a tie between the One Drop VTWO and the Top Deck.

(I think it’s right to call them discontinued since I seriously doubt One Drop will ever run either of them again.)

10 Likes

RSO Doombot

6 Likes

YWET and all its versions.

9 Likes

Turbo Bumblebee GT or YYJ Patriot

9 Likes

It was actually discontinued way before polo left. Ben said why they stopped making it once but I forget why.

2 Likes

The Duncan thing actually surprised me, but maybe I’m just not paying attention. I remember hearing Ben say he had a new yoyo releasing soon.

3 Likes

These guys have been at my side since I got them. The spyders have been with me for the past year now!

9 Likes

Why do you think there’s no chance for a run of Top Decks or VTwos? The Top Deck in particular seems to be a fan favorite and they just did a run of Rebirths, which is even older.

3 Likes

Since the Grail was just retired, probably that. Also the CLYW Chief.

6 Likes

Surprised me too, I didn’t think anyone would leave yyf, especially when you have your own signature.

Peak

6 Likes

Ywet, although you can kind of get them occasionally from recess

1 Like

clyw chief

Rec rev 1st gen octave

Both amazing throws I wish even more people got to try. My octave is one of the few throws i somewhat regret selling. I know it’s well loved though, that makes it all better.

3 Likes

I could name some newer yoyo’s that are technically discontinued but I think it’s more fun to stick with old stuff for this question. With that in mind…

General Yo Magnum. It was pretty ahead of it’s time in how it played and its material. It holds up really well by modern standards. Mine is beat and vibes and is still fun to play.

4 Likes

I just don’t think either one is popular enough in general to entice them to do any more runs. I’ve observed that very few people talk about them when the subject of One Drop comes up. It’s always about much older models or the Terrarians or the various Markmonts.

1 Like

Both the top deck and the VTWO are very well regarded by the community. In fact, most times when someone asks in this forum and other dedicated forums about the best yoyos ever, both models are mentioned. I´m sure that if one drop makes a new run of top decks in nice colors they will sell like hot cakes. In my opinion they do not offer new runs frequently because they have a good marketing strategy. Because these models are rare they contribute to the mystical aura around the product and the brand. Besides, one drops likes to offer new products and innovate. Several well-known brands adopt this marketing strategy. For example, rolex watches could sell many submariners if they wanted to increase production, but they deliberately prefer to keep the product rare and desirable by offering a reduced number of new units every year (well below demand). Its almost impossible to get a new rolex submariner in an authorized dealer. If one drop top decks become widely available people will loose interest.

2 Likes

more than discontinued, I would say never be born … without a doubt Yoyorecreation Third Impact!

2 Likes

they are models that pay the unfair price of not having Side Effects … or rather, the great majority of us, since Side Effects have existed, are inclined to instinctively think that their model without them is a yoyo that is missing something very important … this aspect affects all their models with traditional axle system, not only here two models … only the titanium models are saved from this paradigm, for obvious reasons

YoYoJam Hitman

4 Likes