Wyvern recommendation?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Looking to pick it up but can’t find a ton of info. Any experience you can share would be appreciated!!!

2 Likes

I think it delivers the advertised “great hand-feel, floaty play, and also great spin times”.

I prefer the flattened off rims over the angles on the Terrerians, Free Solo etc.

It’s a shade heavier, but I think the design uses the weight well, i.e. spin power without feeling heavy.

6 Likes

Seems our local hype beasts are just waiting on the cerakote finish :laughing:

I love mine, this thing plays like its on rails with those flat rims. Very stable, stays in plane into low RPM much better than many of my other throws, which might be my favorite characteristic of this throw.
I’m a big fan of the weight, does not feel heavy to me, and it has awesome presence on the string. Great yoyo!

9 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Think you just sold me on it lol

1 Like

Im a fan! Plays well and doesn’t feel heavy on the string. My Rose/Charcoal Wyvern is one of, if not the, best looking throw in my collection.

4 Likes

Looks like I missed out on the charcoal. Ended up getting blue, but man that charcoal is sharp!!!

3 Likes

I’ve been on the fence with the Wyvern as well but it sounds like it’s typical OD goodness so I’m in lol

3 Likes

I ordered mine earlier today. I can let you know my thoughts later this week if you want!

4 Likes

Much appreciated kind sir!

2 Likes

Alright it’s pretty damn good hahaha

7 Likes

Typical OD stuff, smooth, floaty? I know the Wyvern is a little heavier but I like that I was wondering if it felt that way?

1 Like

After a month what are your thoughts? Thinking about this one over free solo.

Just picked one up. (Thank you @yoyoretro)

It has quickly become my favorite yoyo. Buuut, I am a little biased because I nabbed one of the cerakote green ones and I love playing under black light.

Still, it is a great yoyo in its own right. Most of my collection are bimetals, but I don’t feel like I am missing any rim weight with it. It can handle any trick I put it through.

It doesn’t feel too heavy to me. It feels lighter that the specs say. I wouldn’t say it feels floaty though. Definitely doesn’t float as much as something like an MCMO, which really isn’t “light” per se, but feels floatier.

I’ve thrown a free solo once, but don’t own one. I like the Wyvern better. But that’s an extremely limited impression. I’ve found on numerous occasions that I’ve had lackluster first impressions with yoyos that I have later grew fond of after spending more time with it.

Shutter EVO… thought it was overhyped. Spent several days playing nothing else, now I love it.

So hard to describe this subjective hobby of ours lol.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Yes I agree this hobby is so subjective but extra descriptions help a great deal.

Love it- can’t recommend it enough.

I do however find myself going towards the Free Solo more- but if you pick either one you can’t go wrong. You really can’t go wrong at all with a One Drop.

Wyvern is good, you will like it. If it catches your eye go for it!!!

2 Likes