Help me choose between One Drop Wyvern and Legendary Terrarian and Free Solo

I’ve never played a One Drop yoyo, and I’ve narrowed it down to these three:

Wyvern
Legendary Terraian
Free solo

I’m an intermediate player, I like a yoyo with a good presence on the string, and a good “powerful” spin, while still being nimble.

Anyone have experience with all three?
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Haven’t played the Wyvern yet, but I do own a bunch of One Drops and the Free Solo takes the cake for best performing OD, and it’s not even close IMO

Legendary Terrarian is legendarily mid lmao

8 Likes

I love the legendary personally. I also own a bunch of one drops. The ledendary was my first one drop, I dont have a wyvern so I’m not sure on that one yet. I actually llay the legendary more than a grail and MCMO. Its all personal preference

5 Likes

I don’t think you could go wrong with any of the three.

My first full-sized (as in, not the Deep State) One Drop was the Terrarian (not legendary), so it and the LT are sentimental favorites. It is also the only of the three with side effects, which might be an edge if this will be your only One Drop.

Other than that, I think it comes down to which shape you prefer.

3 Likes

I also play my LT more than my MCMO.

I’ve never played a yoyo with side effects. Can you do Matador-style tricks with the LT?

I can only do very basic matador style tricks, but I can do them just fine on the LT with spikes.

It is harder than on the OD Thorn which has dedicated matador spikes, partly because the Thorn is narrower, so easier to grab without hand contact. The Thorn’s spikes are also sharper.

2 Likes

I don’t have a LT, so i can’t comment on that one. The Free Solo is 7075 and the Wyvern is 6061, if that matters to you. The FS is a bit more zippy and the Wyvern feels a little more stable to me. The Wyvern has a slightly wider gap. My preference goes slightly to the Wyvern, but they are both quite good. I also love the looks of my Rose/Charcoal Wyvern.

Edit: I was incorrect about the widths.

9 Likes

If you have it narrowed down to: Wyvern, Terrarian and Solo???

I’d by buy a Kamuraiju.

9 Likes

A good one, but as far as I know, sold out.

1 Like

Agree on this, I have quite a couple of one drop and my favourite is the Free solo, it’s quiet a very good performing yoyo and great feel in the hands as well!

3 Likes

I’ve narrowed it down to the ones that I can find.

1 Like

That is a sweet yoyo!

4 Likes

Kamuraiju is a very good one. I prefer this size over the Free Solo’s and I think it’s a better yoyo than either version of the Terrarian.

1 Like

Do yourself a favor and grab an INTRO. Everyone needs one. Can’t go wrong for $40.

5 Likes

I’m the opposite. I’ve played my MCMO more.

I’d say that the LT doesn’t have a huge amount of stability. It’s increased slightly if you use some ultralight SEs (which I do).

But, I might not be the best person to listen to; I am discovering that I’m partial to organic shapes in general. However, I do feel pretty attached to my LT.

4 Likes

The LT kinda plays and feels like an organic to me. It’s super comfy in my hand and I generally play it when I’m in a light and flowy mood. I wouldn’t recommend it to someone looking for pure performance and stability, although ultralights and a centering bearing can help with this.

For OP, I’d break it down to weight preference. LT is the lightest of the 3, Free Solo’s in the middle, and Wyvern is the heaviest. Based on wanting something powerful and nimble, I’d go with the Free Solo.

3 Likes

I have no problems doing a pull start on the spike side effects.

1 Like

Can you tell me why you’d go with the Kamuraiju?

2 Likes

The Free Solo is the bees knees I’d go with that, if I could add a recommendation in there as well I’d also look at the Thorn. Currently my favorite all around throw, it’s just really fun and very solid. And you absolutely can do some matador style tricks with it, spikes are sharp!

2 Likes