Worlds 2023 Thread!

for me the contest is gonna start 5:30AM!! :smiling_face_with_tear:
but im gonna still watch it live tho cuz i was looking forward to this contest a lot

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat I convinced my GF to watch with me a little today, we’ll see how long that lasts

Wild Card Results are in!!

5 Likes

Bummed to see Bergen just miss!

8 Likes

And Eric Tranton. I was excited to see both move on and go far.

1 Like

Can someone explain a 99.1 to me like I’m 5? Isn’t that just flat out ridiculous?

1 Like

I think it’s because they normalize the scores and that’s how you get a .1

1 Like

No not the .1 specifically I mean that entire score, isn’t a 99 damn near flawless or am I just thinking they score it like the X games? :joy: Obviously there’s a lot more to judging yoyo than that but I’m just talking about the performance in general

2 Likes

Ayyy Angelo made it through!! Really hope he can get his routines down clean, would love to see him get far

2 Likes

I’m not sure how it works exactly tbh but here are the specific rules for the wildcard and general freestyle rules.

1 Like

100 would mean 1st place from every judge. 99.1 therefore is probably 1st from all judges but one and a close 2nd from that judge.

8 Likes

Ah okay that makes more sense now thank you!

Man… seeing all the stories from last night @ the welcome party… the energy of everything is just crazy infectious. I’m so beyond bummed I didn’t go this year lol

Should’ve copped flight tickets when they were like 6 bills last year. Next year FOR SURE!

9 Likes

Patiently waiting for it to come back to Cleveland. Only a 2 and a half hour drive.

8 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty bummed I wasn’t throwing in 2019 I coulda just flew up there and stayed with family for a few days lol

3 Likes

Here we go!!!

I wonder how long I’m going to be able to stay up

For the wildcard they only used Technical Execution (TE). No FE or MD. So no, I don’t think anything was normalized. Dang near perfect though.

Here is the structure for each day.

2 Likes

TE is normalized between judges.

TE is the clicker score. All of the judges except one clicked Togo Katsuda the highest, and the judge who didn’t click them the highest had them at a very close second most likely. Basically what Nathan already said.

5 Likes

Stream looks so freaking amazing! love the headshots while players readying up like camera man going so hard! I’m prolly about to have to catch up later but it looks so good! hah so sick

6 Likes

That cameraman is the hero we all needed, MVP so far give him a medal

2 Likes