Worlds 2016 General Discussion Thread

Thank you

Had to cancel my room last minute, super bummed. Hope you all have a blast. I’ll be going to Iceland though which I keep reminding myself haha.

Everyone’s Prelim was amazing! Keiran Cooper, Adrian Velez, Pali, and sooo many more were my favorite.

I’m driving up this Saturday, hope to make it by 12 for the finals and get stuff at the vendor tables.

Sounds like so much fun, but sadly, I am not of the richest family and only 13 sooooooooo… Hopefully WYYC 2019!!!

It was tough to get here. But it’s been more than worth it so far. Really impressed by the city here. The comp is great but most of my time has been seeing the city ands it’s fun surprises!

Oh! I got my Tundra but only with the help of our very own, awesome sauce YoYoBro!

Best week ever so far!!!

Ugh. I’m dreading the online release. I need this.

Good luck man! Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I’m gonna need to use up all of my luck reserves…

Did anyone see if Duncan is selling the clear dice that they showed a photo of on Instagram?

I’m so happy I heard Higby’s André joke during 4A – “what is André’s favorite dessert?” “Creme Boulay”. Silly joke, but, I laughed out loud.

The live stream is amazing, multi camera, great quality. Kudos to Steve and his team on finding a way to let us almost feel like we are there

1 Like

My clock might have been a minute off but when I went to the ‘site’ I started on the catalog page at 8eastern time. At about one minute after 8; I realized I should have been on the home page. When I clicked on the home page; both yoyos were already sold out.
Amazing😳

1 Like

It was about a minute late. 8:01 on my end, was able to get a raw. Figured everyone would be chasing the AMS. I checked out within about 30 seconds, and there were still some raw left when I was done.

How did you fare? dare I ask…

Snagged the AMS version! Can’t wait to get it, looks like an awesome design, and I’m pumped to try the AMS coating out, because I’ve missed out on that on the other models.

Overall this contest has been great so far. Everything from the great live stream to the ease of schedules and player orders listed on the worlds website have been planned so well. I’ve especially liked how the audio seems more clear than other years. (at least in my opinion) However I am sad that the videos of the live stream can’t be watched after being posted on YouTube due to copyrights. I have work at 4 tomorrow and won’t be able to watch the 1a finals and was hoping to watch them once I got off the same way it was played from the live stream that way I wouldn’t know the champion yet. However this doesn’t seem possible with the copyrights. I hope there is a way this can be fixed however if it isn’t it’s not the end of the world. All in all great job Steve this has been an excellent world contest and Cleveland has been a great place for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have to agree, it seems like it’s gone really well and yo-yo-ing has gotten some great exposure from it. I’m sure there were plenty of headaches behind the scenes, but from the viewpoint of somebody following everything online, it’s seemed pretty great. Really wish I could have been there to experience it. Props to everybody making it happen!

About the live stream deal, I know that the round that have already aired aren’t being put up right now for copyright issues, but in previous years all of the finals have been put up eventually, so I hope that they get things figured out in that regard. Might be hard to avoid spoilers, but I’m hopeful there will be a way for everybody to see the finals that they want.

High Five! Let me know what number you got!

I made it to the last day, drove 4 hours early Saturday morning to make it to Cleveland. I got there right when the 3A’s was starting, and stayed all the way through to the world record event outside at the central square.

I bought more yoyos there than I have in over two years. Got the Duncan bimetal yoyo, a duncan barracuda with an aztec design as the logo, two cleveland worlds raiders, more string, and a c3yoyo railgun. Maybe next time around I’ll be more sociable. It was kind of intimidating seeing so many yoyoers at once and with such advanced tricks. When I was growing up, I got used to being the only kid that played with a yoyo and my skills are fairly limited.