Wood is Good

1 Like

that is the most disheveled i have looked in any yo-yo video ever… which is saying something.

1 Like

I want to meet you, Ed. you are so awesome!!!

1 Like

As I’m awaiting delivery of my new Lovejoy, I realized there no mention of included cotton strings. Does any one know how many strings TMBR yoyos ship with?

Did anyone see the ladder escape with the timber pro video?

TMBRs come with one string.

Ed, I met you at Worlds. I’m Alex, and I came to Orlando with Blake Freeman. Your fixed axle contest was a laugh!

Anyway, sweet video, thanks for the link.

1 Like

I just got some cotton thread for my fixed axle throws.

Do any of you guys put something on axle sleeves to make the string a little slicker? I put a little wood polish on my axle sleeve, but I can’t be sure that it helped.

You can put a little wax on the end if your string if you want. I tried that with a profly a few years ago and wound up having to use bind returns.

i’ve never liked what wax does to the response. makes it unpredictable and snaggy, and it’s not necessary with any of the more modern wood axles.

now if you’re playing a proyo1, spintastics, or russell axle… curing your axle in some vaseline intensive lip therapy overnight goes a long way to making them more consistent. no jive and tmbr axles are hard enough and smooth enough to make that kind of thing redundant.

2 Likes

That’s been my experience as well. Sometimes it works just great, other times it’s like a bad bind (sore knuckles).

Yo dudes, what if we replaced the wood sleeve with some kind of roller ball system? Like a metal sleeve supported on balls in an inner track? That sounds alien technology… Holy moly, let me patent that!

Seriously though, Ed is probably right. It’s as good as it’ll ever be.

WHHAAAAAAAA

Welp, I just ordered a Woodchuck Meat Sauce. I’ll let you guys know how I like it. So far the Baldwin is fantastic. I’m a big fan. Photos up this week.

Try a wooden yoyo, they said…much cheaper, they said… Hmm.

Ordered a Lovejoy yesterday(asked my friend to pick lovejoy or baldwin with her having no clue what I was talking about. So now I need to get cotton strings(if anyone wants to sell some Im listening) and start busting my knuckles

i hope this is sarcasm… but yeah i want a good wooden yoyo. any of you guys have suggestions for my first wooden yoyo?

Buy a TMBR. Smooth, nicely finished, easier to find than No Jives. :wink:

I have been very disappointed with the Woodchuck Meat Sauce. It wasn’t very finely sanded so it feels very rough in the hand and has a rather irritating intensely pulsing vibration. I think maybe with time it will break in a bit better and not be so high school shop project-feeling. I’ll write up a little more about it later, but I haven’t had much yoyo time recently because I’ve been at work so much recently. Or doing PowerPoint presentations for school.

All that aside, I think Woodchuck is no longer making yoyos because I tried to contact the owner on both his site and his Facebook to no avail. I haven’t seen any activity on either since April or May. It’s a let down because it wasn’t cheap, but looks really promising. Buyer beware.

1 Like

Ok I think I’ll scratch meat sauce off my list but I am still grabbing a cavity.

Other news U snagged a TMBR Irving and am loving it, might be better then my Irving Pro…

1 Like

:smiley:

when I was in Maui last month I stopped by a toy store that had just come into possession of a bunch of NIP no jives they got from a collector. I got one and they gave me a played one for free. they’re pretty fun to throw :wink:

1 Like