Wood anybody?

I use 100% cotton, but, I learned how to make my own as I was never really happy with life of the commercial stuff. I got a pretty big spool off of the huge webstore that carries everything, watched some YouTube videos and went at it. You may want to give that a try. However, while my cotton is OK, polyester string continues to vex me. Probably using the wrong type of poly, but, to me, what I’ve made is a very different beast.

french

What kind of thread did you use?

Aurifil A1050-2024 Mako Cotton Thread

Awesome thanks

Those strings are so nice in the EH! I was sad when they wore out. Doubtful I’ll ever make my own, though.

Here’s a pic of the profiles of the Moxon (top) and the 2016 eh. The eh is bubinga (heavier) and the Moxon is oak. Both throws are way enjoyable with their own attitudes. :sunglasses:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

Just got these in today. ;D

Love the throw on the left!

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

Glad I got a previous Eh. This year definitely more pricey, though those wood choices are pretty! Really, though, play that most of the time for fixed axle and wood. I do like my OUT, but wish it came apart. I keep the Eh and an unresponsive with me most of the time out and about so that I have options

1 Like

I agree. I like my original Eh but the price of the new release is more than I can handle.

Hey everyone I’m at Walmart looking for dowel for the butterfly. Will 5/16 work? Pls answer asap.

Oh, never mind I found an assortment of them.

No, it is too large. (realizing he sez “…never mind…”)

Lol. Thanks anyway. :joy:

I have been playing my Duncan Imperial this weekend and find it amusing and very enjoyable. And an hour ago, I have watched Ed’s fixed axle videos in youtube.

I am looking forward to buy some wooden yoyo in the near future. TMBR Irving is out of stock here in YYE, it is the cheapest ($22) so that is my first option.

And now I am looking in OUT’s catalog, choosing between Hipster, Acorn, Cheap Thrills, Just for Fun and Pocket Love. Better buy some cotton strings as well!

Both TMBR and OUT make fine yoyo’s. It just depends on your preference of weight and size.
I am kind of partial to TMBR’s Baldwin.

If you are looking to try wood fixed axle and don’t want to break the bank, the reproduction Duncan wooden butterfly is surprisingly nice. I need to review mine, but, suffice to say I’m enjoying the heck out of it. Yes, my wood butterfly is officially heck free.

Thanks! However, I can only find those on eBay. I will still wait for your review on it! :slight_smile: