Wood anybody?

I’ll probably have to settle for the smell of watermelon ChapStick… ;D

Mine smells like weak tea and tears… I keep trying though.
Throwing a no-jive is the essence of yoing.

1 Like

Sure is!

Hard to argue with that. Especially when you get a smooooth one.

Just want to make sure that anyone who digs a wood yo-yo is aware this is dropping tonight!
2016 eH in zebrano, wenge, bubinga, and TWO available in ebony!

My stoke level has pretty much red-lined. Available at 8p. :slight_smile:

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/new-releases/products/2016-eh-ed-haponik-yoyo-by-tmbr-yoyoexpert-spyy

1 Like

:o

How much does the ebony weigh???

I’m actually not 100% sure but I would say in the 70’s. Significantly heavier than any other version but still very playable.

Ed did you lose weight man? Looking good!
I’ve been on a buying freeze for a while but i love your videos. You seem like you just have stuff figured out, even beyond yoyoing. I think that zebrano piece is going to be a must buy for me

Ha, thanks man. I did lose some. Kinda lucked into an algorithm that’s worked for me. I def appreciate the kind words, but I’m on the same journey as everybody - some days it feels like I’ve figured it out, and others I’m just wandering around with my pants on backwards. Thanks for watching and for the encouragement!

What’s a good fixed axle yoyo for me to start learning fixed axle tricks?

1 Like

The EH is perfect :ok_hand:

Yeah but I don’t want to spend $85 before I know I like this style of play. It’s a beautiful yoyo though.

Anything good below $50?

The new EH is too expensive for me let alone a beginner. Many of us learned on a Duncan Butterfly (about $5) but a good wood choice would be TMBR ( 50) or OUT (under 50) If you look at the videos you will see tricks being done on all of these.
BTW; Ed - looking good!

Just a classic Duncan Butterfy ($3 at Walmart and other stores) is a decent fixed axle yoyo. You can make it even better by replacing the metal axle with a piece of wooden dowel. This is what I learned the basics on, before getting my hands on an older No Jive :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea. What about wood yoyos?

Look for used Tom Kuhn or BC yoyos on the BST for $30 or less.

Ok thanks guys.

Yeah I totally get that the eH is hard to go for as a first fixed axle yo-yo. It’s really meant for players who know they’re into it and are looking for a different level of material/craftsmanship/detail and a yo-yo they can kind of develop a “relationship” with (at the risk of sounding silly).

If you’re starting out, you can’t go wrong with either of these. They’ll both set you straight you on the fixed axle path.

OUT and Hildy Bros are also WONDERFUL.

1 Like