Why won't my yo-yo sleep?

So, I’m having this issue where my yo-yo just comes right back up when I throw it. I think the is that my yo-yo is too light (because the one I had before was heavier and it could sleep), I am NOT buying another yo-yo, so plz help me out. EDIT: I think the problem with the yo-yo is how it’s built. Someone said this yo-yo might not be for sleeping, so maybe that’s the problem.

1 Like

Need more info, pictures speak a 1000 words

I am sure the yo-yo is just not tired yet.
That is the case with my children.

9 Likes

What yo-yos are not designed to sleep? The only yo-yos I can think of designed to not sleep are like pegged axles. 99.9 percent of yo-yos are designed to sleep.

Most likely op has an axle knot or string torsion is super tight.

Or the bearing is super dirty or the string is way way too fat or uh user error.

3 Likes

its up thinking about that one conversation 5 months ago

1 Like

AmazingPuma949

Favorite Yo-Yo: Imperial Duncan

This may be a hint…

1 Like

Didn’t imply that you weren’t. Just offering up what his profile says.

1 Like

Hey man some yo-yos are designed only to sleep. Looking at you BTH

2 Likes

Give it some benadryl

2 Likes

This is usually caused by the string getting tangled up around the axle. As mentioned above, posting a picture will help us help you.

1 Like

myyoyo

The yo-yo I have just tied some yo-yo string around the axel (to the point that it can spin freely, but won’t sleep)

I think what they mean by picture is the actual yoyo you own or the profile of it

1 Like

What kind of string do you use

Yeah, here’s a pic:
myyoyo

1 Like

A picture like this for example

The Imperial take a fair amount of skill to get it to sleep. It’ll do it, but it’s not the easiest and it won’t sleep long.

2 Likes

okay yeah that yoyo can definitely sleep. You dont want the string to be tied to the axle. You want open up the string like this to take it on and off.

3 Likes

I could do that, but I don’t want to risk permanently breaking my yo-yo. Is there another way to fix this issue (yes, Ik I sound like a bot but whatevz :P)

If there isn’t a better way to fix it, what do you do after you take the string off??