[Solved] My yoyo automatically comes back and doesn't sleep

Ok, today I got my new yoyo, the Fast201. I had lots of fun, and I could make SO MANY cool tricks with this new one (I had a brain-style one before). But now after 5 hours of playing, my yoyo won’t sleep anymore. I throw it, and it comes right back up. I remember testing my yoyo minimum response time right when I got it, it was about 5 seconds. But now it’s like I have a brain-style yoyo, it won’t sleep. Comes right back up. What can I do?

Take off the string. Maybe you have it wrapped around the axle.
Change the response by unscrewing it a little.

How is the bearing? Spins freely?

Ok, I think I found the problem. My string fell last time, I put it back, it worked fine. Now I can’t take it off anymore.

temp
(Sorry for bad quallity)

It is wraped in the spacers.

1 Like

Nevermind, I managed to take it off. Is the string supposed to stay between the spacers, or just sit there on the bearing?

Edit: I put it on the bearing and it works fine again, I just wanna make sure I put it right so the string doesn’t break.

Put the yoyo together first, then get your string.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s fixed. My string was sitting between a spacer and the bearing. Just take it out. Put the yoyo back together, and put the string back like in @stevejspins answer. (0:44)

3 Likes

I have the same problem, but with my loop spinner from sochi. could it be the teeth?

Did you try the solution noted above. Remove the string and put it back on with the yoyo screwed together. His problem was that he took the yoyo apart to put the string on and it got jammed between the bearing and the yoyo body. Is that your problem as well. The “teeth” inside the yoyo are the response. That’s what makes the yoyo return but should not keep it from sleeping. When you put the string on the yoyo is it with a single loop or a double loop. Double looping the string on the axle will probably make it not sleep.

Here’s a link to a guide:
http://mindsetmission.com/assets/how-to-replace-a-string.pdf

Pictures from the guide

Example of double looping the string

how_to_string_a_yoyo_2

i close the yoyo then put the string on. I don’t add wraps. it still doesn’t work.

Do you have the metal spacers/bearing seats in place on the axle?

Did you lube the bearing? That will make it responsive. It needs some but not a lot.

if you mean metal spacers as in those metal things that hold the bearings in, i do have them in the correct place. also, how many drops of lube should i put? I have the yoyo expert looping / responsive lube, and that’s all i have.

If you have already lubed it, none. If the bearing has been cleaned and not lubed, one to two at most for a start.

I lubed it, and it still didn’t work. It sleeps for a very small amount of time- very small- but it always comes back up instantly. I think when it reaches the bottom of the string, it bouncing might be triggering it to come back. Or maybe it’s closed too tightly, but I cant make it loose or it will break. I really don’t know what to do right now