My yoyo won't sleep. Why is this

My yoyo won’t sleep and it’s really annoying! I can usually do DNA but you need the yoyo to sleep to be able to do this. Have any suggestions?

1 Like

What yoyo are you using?

An arrow yoyo

With the unresponsive bearing?

It’s responsive

Clean the bearing

I tried that

Did you lube the bearing after cleaning it?

It’s a replacement string, maybe that has something to do with it

No I didn’t

I would just try to clean the bearing one more time and if that doesn’t work the bearing is probably broken and you need another. Sorry it happens

1 Like

Ok Ty for Ur help

2 Likes

No problem make sure it’s totally dry after you clean it

It’s either your bearing, your string or your throw.

If the bearing is dirty or needs cleaning then it could make things overly responsive.

If your string is thick it could be the wrong string for what you want to do.

Or if your new to yoyo yoyr throw may not be straight enough or hard enough or you might not be cushioning the yo-yos fall when it hits the end of the string.

1 Like

The Arrow comes stock with really thick pads. At least mine did. I swapped the pads to something thinner as soon as I could and it works way better now.

Still not the best yoyo but if you look at the gap and see the pads sticking out, try getting some thinner ones.

2 Likes

Another possibility is that you did not put the bearing back in correctly.

You want to press the bearing into one half of the yoyo until you feel it “click” in place. Push down around the bearing.

Then carefully screw the halves together.

A misaligned bearing could cause this.

2 Likes

I fixed it! Ty guys

6 Likes

Which thing fixed it for future generations. I like to see a conclusion so maybe the next person with that issue can learn from this thread

4 Likes