My yoyo wont sleep

I just bought the yoyofactory spinstar and I was using it for over 10 minutes and for some reason I threw it down and it instantly came up.I did it again and again and it still came right back up and won’t sleep and I don’t know how to fix it.

1 Like

Did you try reading it a story ? Or maybe singing a lullaby ?

4 Likes

Aha I’m kidding . Couldn’t help myself . I was check the bearing to see if there is possible an axle knot meaning there is a second layer of string around the bearing . If not the bearing may need a cleaning .

2 Likes

Check for knots first. Then If you notice your string wants to twist up when it goes slack, it’s either gotten too tight or too loose . Imagine throwing sleepers one after another, or practicing Trapeze. Each time you throw, you’re twisting the string a little more in the same direction.

This will help loosen or tighten your string I would NOT attempt if yoyo will not sleep it could snap back and cause injury! use only to maintain string torsion . Take the string off your finger and hold the yoyo and let the string hang down and unwind hope this helps

2 Likes

It’s most likely string tension. Learn sidewinder. Also try pinching the string just above the yoyo then spinning the yoyo and/or the string to open up the string around the axle. Not sure why, but this REALLY helps on Spinstars.

2 Likes

Open it up and take the string off the plastic piece in the middle which is a transaxle. The string may have wrapped around this plastic piece if the the yoyo came unscrewed a little. It’d help if you could post some photos. Welcome to the forums!

4 Likes