Why won't my yo-yo sleep?

Put it back on and wind it up and throw it. It should sleep until the spin dies or you return it to hand.

can u send a vid of u puting it back on? Srry if im annoying u btw :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re fine it’s not annoying I did put it back on in the other video but my hand was blocking it one second I’ll make a more clear video.

ok thanks for helping me out!

1 Like

No problem I hope this helps

2 Likes

Trust @GTDropKnot. Your yoyo won’t break if you put a string on it the correct way.

2 Likes

Ooops the end got cut off but the good stuff is there

i cant get the string off

I like yoyos.

3 Likes

how do u put it back on correctly?

You probably have a knot then. Send a picture of the gap.

Ok, but my cam SUCKS!

Had to black-out a buncha stuff

Okay so it looks like it’s double wrapped so you untwist it and pull the Yoyo through and then do that again. Just check and make sure you’re not adding more wraps.

What style do you play

Welcome to the forum Puma! Glad to see your getting your yoyo sorted. Youll be up and runnin in no time :+1:

1 Like

He’s my brother, and he doesn’t yo-yo. IDK why he said that…

what kind of yoyo is it?

Here ya go… :wink:

I love a good imperial and even a nice butterfly but I honestly wouldn’t give either to someone relatively new to YoYo.

Fixed axle is honestly a bit harder than a bearing responsive and an imperial shape requires a very consistent and straight throw to get it to come back let alone sleep properly. I’m not saying it’s a hard YoYo to use but it’s not a first YoYo by any level.

At best I would suggest double wrapping it or getting a thick string to play it single wrapped so it’s easy to recall and doesn’t create that user discouraging feeling you get when the YoYo goes sideways mid throw early on.

My suggestion would be to get a cheap bearing responsive YoYo like a spinstar or a SnapBack and enjoy the implement in quality of life while you learn then return to the imperial later to see how much you’ve learned and developed your consistency

1 Like

Imperialism is a Thing, even in 1 Take

@edhaponik

1 Like