why pay more?

Why pay $500 for a pair of headphones when a pair of $20 ear buds do the same thing ??
Why pay $300 for a Ipod Touch when a $20 MP3 player dose the same thing…Play music

Yes the DV888 can do everything the Normal 888 can, But the quality in the 888 is better

There is also the collection aspect… i would love to have a big collection one day but that takes mucho dinero lol :smiley:

more expensive often plays better, even though dv888 can do it all

All cars get you from point A to point B (well maybe all) so why have cars that cost 10k and some that cost 150k?

its because some people are not just looking to get from point A to point B. they want to enjoy the ride.

1 Like

also, higher end cars perform better :wink:

which equates to enjoying the ride. :wink:

I had throws that were 90-120 dollars, but I always felt scared playing with them or letting people borrow them. I couldn’t justify a “toy” that made me feel that way. So I sold them all off and now I play Aoda since I don’t care what happens to a $20 throw. Since I just play to play, no reason for me to own anything more than $40.

mmk mmk. have you sold off your $300 video game system too?

these, and practically all comments on this thread literally means the same.

that is a natural desire for mankind, we never satisfied.

because if we do, we would still be going around with horses than invent internal combustion engine for cars and motorcycle.

Just a thought about the price tag dilema with yoyos. Video game consoles cost hundreds of dollars, and each game is 50 bucks or so. RC hobbies can cost people thousands before any type of crash. THEN THERE’S LOTS MORE MONEY. Card Collectors spend a fair wad for pieces of paper (More or less) Skate Boards Bikes the list goes on. I just can’t help but laugh when people down the idea of expensive yoyos. Hobbies cost money as for the variation this threads all to tired point is different strokes for different folks.

Don’t own one

i dont doubt that the dv888 can handle anything i throw at it, but i just dont like it, im very familiar with the shape of yoyo i like to play with and for me, the dv888 has it all wrong… however, just because i dont like it, does not make it a bad yoyo… in fact, i have to say the two most reccommended yoyos i hear about are the dv888 and the yuuksta… i understand that there are other yoyos in the price range, but im really content with what i have right now… hectic soon

the cars yes, but in the end they’re harder to push at their limits

this friend I have used to have an mx5 (miata in US), his time, on the nurburgring nordschleife was 8’46" for a lap which is fairly fast, and his mx5 was maybe like 5/6k euros tops, car and parts, it also had the standard 1.6 115hp engine.

then he bought a subaru impreza prodrive which is about 3 times the power, he couldn’t get faster than 9’20 ish

now he has an S2000, again, can’t get past the 9’ barrier

this is because it’s easier to push a mx5 to it’s limit, and pushing a 115hp car up to 100% ends up being faster and much easier than pushing a 300hp car to 20%

so yes, the car has more performance by itself, but it’s harder to use and require better skills, no doubt in the hands of a pro driver, the “better” car will be faster, but in the hands of an amateur yet fairly talented driver, the smaller car ends up being faster.

back on topic, there’s also a consumerism aspect to the yoyos, wether the manufacturer is aware of it or not

a high price is actually a sales argument because of the image it brings to the buyer, think Vuitton, Rolex and all luxury stuff, their price HAS TO be high in order to preserve the brand’s image, if a Vuitton wallet price would be calculated just the same as an ordinary wallet, they probably won’t sell as good as they’ll be much more common.

I am sure that someone else has already said something to this effect, but I will put my two cents in nonetheless. I have always been able to do everything with my $12 Yoyojam Lyn Fury that I can with my 888 or Y Factor. Truthfully, any yoyo that is unresponsive, and that will sleep for around at least 30 seconds, is capable of doing most of the popular advanced combos and tricks you see people do on the internet and at competitions. I think that the main reason someone would pay for a more expensive yoyo, rather than a cheaper one that can do the same tricks, is mainly because of the feel. That is why I do it. In most cases, the more expensive yoyos are smoother, spin longer, react better, and are weighted better. It all bowls down to the fact that most of the time, more expensive yoyos are better made, and because of this, they are more comfortable to play. Which makes them more of a pleasure to play with, than cheaper yoyos.

Jud

Get a 20$ modded fhz then. If you have a dv888 you way over spent, if you think the cost of a yoyo has anything to do with performance you are way off the mark. Performance is not even in the equation when they are adding up the worth of a yoyo.

1 Like

Quite simple… Because we can :wink:

2 Likes

collecting different yoyos is one of the fun things about yoyoing.
its like saying,“i dont need more than one pair of pants,the one i have
is just fine.”

NICE BURN!

Sure, a DV888 does everything, but will your playstyle be better with that expensive throw or the dv888?

That is the question.

I’m pretty sure the throws feel have some influence on some people’s style, I know it does it for me.

you don’t play the same on a electric piano (i.e. rhodes/wurlitzer) than you play on a digital piano or an acoustic piano. Sure they’re all pianos in the end, but the music ends up being different.

and yea, the collector thing, this is what is fun about yoyoing and this is what lacks in other skill toys like astrojax

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again.