Whose Your Favorite Pokemon...

Jolteon. On Gen 1 when Special counted for both attack and defense that sucker was unstoppable.

Mudkip!

But, from the OG 151, Onyx (He’s OG right? I’m no Pokemon expert)

Glad to seen an “older” guy who yoyos and still loves Pokemon! I’m 23 and I still love it, in some ways more than I used to because I’ve embraced the new Pokemon more instead of being resistant to each new generation. I’m also a fan of the silly, strange, etc… Pokemon. Psyduck is my favorite since childhood. I don’t expect much either hahah.

Check out the photo I attached of my love for Psyduck haha.

1 Like

This is awesome!!!

Psyduck was definitely my favorite from the show. I had chronic migraines as a child, so I could really relate to psyduck. :smiley:

1. Gengar
  2. dragonite
  3. Snorlax
  4. Mew
  5. Squirtle (from the tv series)
    great thread!

Its all about this guy

Magikarp has to be one of my favorites. This Pokemon proves you can’t become strong without being weak first.

Dooooooooood! Psyduck love!!! Your tattoo! Awesome!

Ah man :slight_smile:

I’m glad there are some serious fans around here… We shall all exchange Friend Codes eventually!

Yeah, I agree catching them all can be a chore. However, I typically Breed a whole roster of PKMN for every cart, for the Nature and IV’s I want. I’m pretty patient, and have no problem walking back and forth all day hatching eggs. Once you get that really nice bred 'mon it feels so good. Ahh… Anyone else breed? Now that can be a chore!

So yeah, I think I’m going to stray away from the competitiveness this game and give myself something Fresh and try to catch um all and actually pretend I’m Ash or something.

Fun fact: I haven’t caught them all since the OG games. I remember my disappointment when all I got was a Congratulations letter. I thought for sure it would unlock Mew, move that Truck by the cruise ship, or something incredibly special… but no…

1 Like

this is probably the best thread i have seen on yye. ever.

My very first starter was Mudkip so I think he is my fav. But the Eveelutions are a close second.

I heard you like mudkip…

My boy. I can get you a Mew.

I’ve used this many times. No problems. Won’t mess up your data.

Lol, MY BOY!

Yes, yes… I’ve done this also. But back in the day, there was TONS of speculation on all kinds of “codes” and “cheats” and “glitches” yadda yadda. I remember scouring tons of crappy looking Geocities/Tripod sites to look for any exploit I could. Lol, I remember everyone being caught up on that stupid truck

I thought maybe something special would happen when I got all 150, but nope.

It wasn’t until many years later that Mew discovery came out.

Empoleon and Lucario are high up there for me
Steel type love

1 Like

Empoleon

Well, for me it’s gotta be, in no order of preference (Okay, maybe sorta)

1. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan
  2. Umbreon
  3. Blaziken
  4. Houndoom
  5. Shiny Caterpie (HAS TO BE SHINY, cause screw you, that’s why. xD Only caught one ever, in og Gold version, during the Bug Catching contest…Level 18 Shiny Caterpie won me that thing. lol)

We need a similar thread for Digimon, cause they had some cool stuff too. Fun fun fun.

Love me some houndoom

Who all is getting the new game this fall? We’ll have to battle if I’m still around

Mew, definitely.

I stopped playing Pokemon. I felt the character designs started bland after a while. Unova broke it for me. Really? An electric type pokemon name Elektrick?

It’s Eel! It’s actually a reference to, believe it or not, a Mega Man Zero 3 boss. Pokémon has always done that bad pun thing, why are people only now calling it bland? I hate saying this, but it’s needed. You do better. You make 150 different characters for a new game, like Pokémon did back then. And then add another 100 for a second. Then add new concepts like they did with the whole Nature and Ability thing. Let’s see you not get bland. As quickly as people bash Pokémon games, and when you realize the Original creator died halfway through production or Pearl and Diamond, you gotta think… Are they really bland? They sell, we buy tem, and enjoy them. The people who stopped at First Gen I’m cool with. But people who played up to 3rd gen, and say the new ones suck. K, let’s think. Why are 3rd gen guys saying 3rd gen was best story? I am sorry, Team magma and Aqua were pitiful replacements for Rocket. When Pokémon Gold Silver (Eventually Crystal) came out, Team Rocket was a legit mafia. A remember an Articale mention the top ten game vilains/group in games a bit after Gold and Silver. Team Rocket was high up, because they killed a Cubone’s Mother, had whips, Chopped off Slowpokes tails to fund themselves, tried to sell you a Magikarp for 500 poke, Radiated Magikarp to force evolve with Enslaved Electrodes running the machine, took over a radio station to get their ex-boss back, and their boss stole things to use for research for said technology. And people call Pokémon kiddy. Yeah, 3rd gen was blegh story wise. Galactic wasn’t that bad, and I like the 5th gen. It’s fun, but to complain about bland after 600 plus? Yeah… As far as game design, that was theoretically supposed to happen at 3rd gen. So I give them props for still going into it, and doing fairly well.

I like my Oshawott, actually…You can not hate a Samurai Otter, that…is just kick butt.

1 Like

Yes, but nothing stays gold, and I feel Pokemon has already met it’s golden age.