Who would like to "Pass it forward"? *GOOD KARMA INSIDE* :)

I actually agree with the sentiment here. My solution: Even if it’s a “group thing”, run it on an individual basis. People can submit their “application”, in whatever form is decided or whatever form they like, but it would then be up to each giver to select their recipient…or to not select one at all.

Having it be one big thing where there’s an organizer pairing people up and what have you would be much, much more difficult. I also think it would be somewhat less satisfying for the givers. Personally, I’d like to give some nice throws to kids who would really use them, but I’d like it even better if I got to pick that specific person because I personally like what they do.

Im Sammy, 19 , been throwing 5 years now, currently i have an avalanche. And she’s all i need. Dont send me a yoyo. <3 peace love and good vibes for all

1 Like

the other throw i gave away was a PSG, a plastic, to my friend Jackie’s autistic brother. Im teachin him how to yoyo because i heard it helps kids with autism. You dont need to thank me anymore little bro. Ive told ya already :slight_smile: to just SPREAD THE GOOD VIBES BROOOO!! The world would be a lot better if there were more selfless people around. Spreading good vibes can be anything from holding the door open for a lady to talking a friend down from suicide. No thanks needed, just… Good vibes… Spread them!!!

Peace love and good vibes for all of you

<3 YoRED

sorry for dub post, i feel that yall shouldnt have a problem with it tho due to what i said above :smiley:

1 Like
  1. 14

2. PSG, Legacy 2, stackless GM, Di Base, 2 Duncan proyos, YYJ inspire and a torrent 2

3. If you mean everything being too advanced right now for me to learn right now then not a lot mostly right now getting a bunch of other tricks smooth that I already have done or learned.

4. I like stuff with low walls or like that little groove some yoyos have for finger grinds. I also like metals
    A lot these days cause and a lot of them look cool when raw or polished.

5. Everything is too advance or confusing to learn and part of the problem is there is 1 club near me which I cant learn anything from it because they learn from me. and all the YouTube tutorials are too confusing because they don’t explain stuff clearly. That and being plain old busy my mom over scheduled me for my week so I barley have anytime to Yoyo.

This is an excellent idea, Stookie. Kind of like the big brother thing YoRED mentioned.
Jcpdx503, you could start a new thread and ask for it to be stickied. In the thread would be the instructions on how to “apply” to be a little brother (and maybe a big brother too). Total Artist already set a good guideline on the info needed for the little brother. And there have already been some entries that you could transfer over (or ask those people to apply and enter their info again). You would just need to monitor the thread to make sure the info submitted was legit. Meanwhile, those who wanted to participate would enter their information and could be contacted by a potential big or little brother directly.

This could really be something. I would definitely participate.

Im very tempted to dig through my inbox to get your address and post it here :smiley:

It sounds like we found some common ground on this. I like the idea of us picking our own little brother/sister too. I like what Abby wrote, and I would request her as a little sister (so to speak, although she can out yo-yo me). For example, from now on, until she is 16 or old enough to work and get her own yo-yos, I’d like to pass my extras on to her, extra yo-yos, accessories, stickers, string, cards, signed stuff…whatever. Maybe every few months, send a package. I will wait until the real thread for this starts, but when it does, we can keep track of how all the mentees are doing and if they are enjoying the things we pass on to them. I think it would be a great program.

Honestly guys I really want to organize this, but I am taking 16 credits this term and am swamped even on weekends with homework or things I need to get done that I wasn’t able to due to school. I really want to see something like this Happen, I have at least 2 throws to give away. If anyone else feels they could organize this please feel free to post and say so.

I can organize it but it might be at a slower pace than some people might like, not sure why anyone would need to have a free Yoyo they otherwise wouldn’t own quicker, that’s beyond me. So if anyone isn’t happy with the suggestions of this than please feel free to step up and take it over. I had no problem doing it but obviously I can’t do it fast enough.

Removed

I just really realized I don’t have the time to devote to this that it seems I need I can do it but not as the pace you guys want, I honestly don’t mind giving away yoyos I don’t really care who they go to, the reason I didn’t post much was because of how busy I am, I also didn’t think it would matter much since its not a trade and a one way deal. So with that said if anyone with more time on their hands wants to organize feel free, I just don’t want to agree to organize this than have a bunch of people Trippin on me cause I can’t do it fast enough. So idk what you guys want to do

Just going to add to this for the first time. I think yoyos should be given to people who don’t ask, and don’t mention wanting anything free. I monitored the forums, found someone who was older, had no money for yoyos, and never asked. He still has no yoyos though. He really wanted to try 4a, so I sent an albatross, fiesta xx, FHZ, Meteor, and strings. Sadly, he didn’t give an apt. # and it was returned to me after a month of nothing yesterday. I think its better if you watch the introduce yourself threads and give to people who don’t ask for anything, or act like they have a terrible life because they can’t buy any. ONce I see this I start conversation with them, asking what style they like, and what there best yoyo is. If they say an imperial from 10 years ago, I ask what they want to buy. If they plan on buying something soon I usually just talk, but don’t give anything. If they say something like, “Well, I have a lot of work and I am married, but once I can get enough money I will hopefully get a protostar. Sadly this may take a long time”, I ask for there address. Now they arent always married, and have different reasons, but the same principles apply.

1 Like

Summer is coming up! You may have more free time then.

@ Dingo - did you mean you ask for their address? Sorry, had to do it :wink:
@ everyone else - see “regretful yoyo purchase” thread for the joke

haha, you caught me! Didn’t even realize I did that.

Your right bro I think that’s what I’m gonna do.

Maybe we can have some type of raffle at one time or another and donate the money, of course having someone who is trusted 100%, to some sort of charity. Then everyone who buys a raffle ticket not only get a chance to donate to charity but also have a shot at a yoyo. Everyone’s name could go into a bowl then one at a time a yoyo will be raffled off and if you get picked for a yoyo you get that yoyo and your ticket gets removed from bowl or maybe if someone wins that’s it unless they buy more then one ticket which would mean their name is in the bowl, so even tho they won and their ticket gets taken out of the bowl they have more tickets inside the bowl if they choose to donate more so basically the more you donate the higher your chances of winning are. This was people can have a chance of winning more then just one throw if they donate a significant amount.

We could also gather a pool of throws and take pictures so that people can see what’s up for raffle and maybe each ticket could cost 5$ or 3 for 10$. Doing things this way means people giving yoyos would also be giving to charity just as much if not more than the people buying raffle tickets. Ad the raffle can be done live on u stream. Just s thought tho :slight_smile:
Sorry if this doesn’t make sense haha it was just a random idea.

maybe not this because I. Know some people don’t use there old Yo-yos they have laying around and also if we were to do a charity it would be very unstable on where the money goes and even a person is “trusted” that could be a very different story in real life. And also how could we do a digital raffle? And If we were to raffle off a Yoyo what would it be? I mean I don’t know about you but I don’t want that Yoyo just to e any regular old Yoyo laying around.

sorry for double posting but i diddnt mean that to be a jerk but i just don’t see it

just go give kid a yoyo lol that’s what I did

yeah this is what im think just kind of mail care packages sent when ever the people want to mail it and have like that so if its throw it foreward then just do exactly that and jus t have simple like that instead of it being over complex with raffles.

Are we going though with this or not because it sounds like a yes cause we have everything figured out.