Just a Random Thought

I had a thought after reading through another post: I feel that I’m more likely to give free handouts to people who don’t ask for them. What do you think?

1 Like

this is a cool idea actually ;D

i like it give to people who have never done it before and spread it around

could it possibly been my post?

Yea actually, it WAS your post. Or a reply to it.

I’be given away a LOT of yoyos. Never to anyone that asked.

I always found it better to just shut up on that matter xD Nothing good ever comes out of begging IMO.

Not asking.

HINTHINT ;D

But what’s wrong with giving it to people who ask? If they ask nicely… then they probably have legit interest in the sport…

I dunno, Situation should dictate. I wont go into too much detail here considering I am sure the other party might wish to stay anonymous. However, I once contacted another member and inquired upon his work, I tried to work out a deal, and he decided to hook me up and send me the throw free of charge, it was kinda a low point emotionally for me for some pseudo-personal reasons and this really helped brighten my day, I still throw it, A LOT and I wouldn’t give it up unless I absolutely had to, if you consider me to be begging in that scenario then I think you should figure out your definition of begging and make you decisions based upon that. I myself do not consider that begging as my intentions were to make a fair deal for both parties, whereas he decided to be generous and it led to me gaining an amazing throw.

I don’t believe in giving to kids whose parents buy them all of these $100+ throws, but donating to a newer player or someone down on their luck is different. Some people just try to spread their woe and expect pity-prizes (patent pending on that term :P) in return, which to me is unacceptable, everyone in some way shape or form is having troubles, pushing them onto another to help sway them one way or another on a decision is just selfish. Just my 2 cents on the matter, Mike do what you think is best, I know I told you a long while ago that if you were getting rid of that black delrin BassBoost proto to let me know. I’m looking forward to purchasing a BassBoost around tax time, hopefully there will be another run around then :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree. Completely.

The way I see it is, if they aren’t OFFERING a free throw, don’t ask for one.

I like the way Mike’s handling things. It’s a good idea.

its a good idea for sure. The question is how much is enough? you gotta draw the line somewhere but very cool idea.

It depends on the person. Some people, e.g. me, have 12 yoyos… :stuck_out_tongue: And one of them is dead. So hard to give away for me… but people who have a whole house dedicated to yoyo storage…

I think you’re on a slightly diff. subject. He means as a manufacturer. Most people wouldn’t just… give away a yoyo :wink:

Exactly, If someone offers to give away a throw, I can see logic in asking for it. Not asking simply means you don’t show interest in it. Asking for handouts though is foolish.