Who would like to "Pass it forward"? *GOOD KARMA INSIDE* :)

Since not every kid will be at the same place in their progress, maybe it is best to look a a pool of throws that are “available” to donate, and choose the throw that matches with the kids’ level and if he/she is stuck, help them get farther with learning. That could work too.

I am at the post office right now shipping out my OD MMN to my little VA bro andy569 he only has a velocity. I was driven to buy this MMN last year by Sniffy’s review. after he passed away I found out it was his favorite throw, I haven’t picked it up in weeks, my avalanche is now my only and main throw, I know Sniffy would want it to have a good home and I bet this lil bro is gunna love this thing to death!! gave two throws away within a couple days of each other! ooowwww!! I love spreading GOOD VIBES GUISE IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD! :smiley:

Peace, love, and good vibes sent to all of my peers who throw!

Much Love - YoRED MWAH :* lololol

This is avery good idea :slight_smile:

I would like to nominate bcmaddog to receive a nice yoyo. He is young and he has a few decent yoyos but doesnt have money to get the high end metals that could really take him to the next level. But he loves the hobby and i think he would be a great candidate. Im very grateful for yoreds generous gift and im sure bcmaddog would be too :slight_smile:

Lol its crazy guys, the feeling i got from hookin up lil bro, made me really happy. And i already got my good karma!!! I can get my license back soon and my mom is going to buy me a truck so i can travel outta this Podunk town i call home, and find a job. Not to many here. She lost her house to her ex bf when he cheated on her and a bunch of stuff but she is buying the house right next to my grandmas and said i can come home when she does! No more lumpy friends couches!! Today has been a great day for me. Major self esteem boost and complete motivation level rise.

Despite the huge turn around in my life i will still be sellin my string apparel, lol still have a fine to pay.

This is a great thing were doing, for both parties, donators and receivers. Am i the first one to do it?

Right on, YoRED. This is why, if you guys want to give someone a throw, just go do it. It doesnt need to be a contest, or a video, or a selection process. Just give a kid a yoyo. We have a local park district “teen center” (but it’s really for kids of all ages). I dropped by with a box filled with yoyos from Butterflies to plastic Grind Machines to DV888s. I asked the kids if they wanted to learn some of the tricks that I knew. In about an hour, there were almost 20 kids with a yoyo to take home, a couple of tricks under their belt and a new hobby. I even got a couple of hand-made thank you cards that I put up in my classroom.

Don’t make this so hard, you guys. Just go do it.

1 Like

On that note, perfect time to interject.  Jcpdx503 is the OP and this project would be his baby, so it depends on what he sets for the goal I guess.  Not sure if you remember this thread I made last year, where 44 throws were collected from so many generous people on the forum.

It gave me a good feeling, as well as those who participated, and everytime I go to NH yo-yo club where the throws ended up, I stll get the same feeling.  I’m going to post the link so you can see the names of all the generous people who donated a yo-yo or accessory to the club. I think there are many ways to give and it is okay to diversify those efforts and use all resources, the clubs, contests, or the forum. Organizing the donations for me was a lot of fun, and it was done using the forum, so it was beyond me just giving one thing to one person a few times a year.  I can do that, but also it is okay to get others involved too, if they are willing.

It is something forum members can do together as a unit, so it depends on the OP’s goal.  My goal with the donation thread was to just have some throws on hand, various ones, in case kids show up to the club with no throw of their own, or they’d like to try something different.  That’s my take on it. But, no matter what he’d like to do, I’m definitely on board with a forum thing. I have seen what good it can do.

Some of the stuff, another link:

1 Like

I give yoyos away all the time, I just want to give some away on the forum. Not sure why it matters how a throw is given away but then again someone always has something to say so I shouldn’t be surprised. That’s cool that you gave away 20 yoyos I’ve given away quite a few but want to give some away to players who actually know how to yoyo not people who are throwing a Yoyo for the first time because I gave them one.

Wee

Well, then allow me to educate you. You are suggesting a large endeavor involving many other members of the forum. This can become quite an undertaking which includes finding the people who will donate (that probably won’t be a problem here), coordinating with those members to collect the donated yoyos, and finding the people to whom the yoyos will go. Finding appropriate recipients, by your own suggestion, is going to require either a video, a paragraph, and finally some sort of method to determine if those people ARE actually appropriate recipients. This isn’t just a “hey guys! let’s give some kids some throws!”. It’s a large amount of organization, reviewing of videos or paragraphs and research about the individuals. I run a number of philanthropic events at the school for which I work. It takes months of time, effort and organization to pull it off.

So far, you haven’t really done anything but ask if people think it’s a good idea. It’s ALWAYS a good idea to share in this hobby. But there’s a mountain of work ahead of you. If you’re ready to take this on, then outstanding! Make it happen. Don’t wait for everyone else to suggest candidates and do the heavy lifting for you. Otherwise this will never get off the ground.

I’d love to give something to YoRed, I can tell the guys pure. But sadly I don’t have anything good to give him, all my high end metals are scuffed, or I have to use en to compete. Either way, if anyone deserves a good yoyo its YoRed.

He already has an avalanche, he gave away 2 other high end metals this week, one of which was to me, the markmont next, gettin it tomorrow, cant wait! I cant thank this guy enough

lol scuffs dont bother me, but im fine buddy. All i have is my Avalanche now. Shes all i need. Im gunna try to compete in va states this year.

I think yoRED deserves a yoyo, too. I would ship you one of mine if my school’s band program wasn’t bleeding me dry.

I don’t think I’d feel good if I sent something damaged.

lol your good buddy. I dont need nothin, like i said i got my avalanche. Im gunna try to find a competing yoyo before next january for va states.

I will send you something dude :slight_smile: when I have the right yoyo for ya, you will get it.

Gettin his address is goin to be harder than gettin the yoyo haha

We’ve heard from a few of the potential givers in this process. It would be interesting if we had some potential recipients post, who would like their name added to the list. Perhaps if they are reading this, they might post:

1. Their age
  2. Their current collection
  3. How they progressed so far with their tricks
  4. If they have a preference in yo-yos (heavy, undersize, oversize, metal, bimetal, plastic)
  5. What has been the biggest roadblock in their yo-yoing so far, and how do they think we can help get them to the next level.

So the question is…are they out there…on the forum that is? :-\ We’ll see if anyone posts.

Well i was one of those people who cant afford a quality yoyo but yoRed offered me a markmont next, im sure theres others out there on this forum as well.

I don’t want to sound like a I need somebody to give me a yoyo, but i too would like to share.

My age: 15

My current collection: Remnant 2, Northstar, ONEstar, ONE, ROCKstar, beat 5150, wobbling SCLB. All of these were trades.

I completed the yoyoexpert trick list, except for ladder escape. I’m now creating my own tricks along with learning Zammy’s tricks and lifting tricks from Yomagic’s videos.

Preference: full-sized H/V shape. I would eventually like to try yoyos that are made out of uncommon materials (3YO3, I will eventually have one of you)

My roadblock currently is currently school. No joke. My schedule was messed up this year because of the amount of freshman coming in, which makes it difficult to have time to throw.

Answerin because I like survey’s, and a free throw can come in handy :wink:

Current Collection: ONEstar, Newest run FG Ava(my baby<3), God Tricks Freedom, 3 MYY Yoyo’s, I’ve purchased like 20 or so yoyos, but I give them away all the time.
Trick Progression: I have gotten all the way to the expert section on the Learn section, but I am trying to create new tricks to fine tune my skills, and use those to learn harder tricks.
Preference: Mid Sized, any shape really, I really like some weight behind my yoyo though, just makes it feel sturdy.
Roadblock: I have sooooo much going on, AP Tests, SAT, I got an extremely demanding school schedule, and barely ever have time to throw, so sometimes to keep me motivated I try and look at yoyos to buy, but I never have money (good job CollegeBoard, you have become rich off of kids who want to succeed).